• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC and PayPal IPN

bill110

Can OSC receive IPN's from PayPal and if so how do I retrieve the info. I cant seem to find anything on their site except example code but I dont know if this needs to be recieved as an E-Mail or go to a table in the database, or if there is a mod for this.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

I found this after a little searching. It was late last night when I was working on this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,pay+pal+ipn

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

Yes, the official osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is preferable to other Pay Pal IPN modules. All have their drawbacks, but the main advantage of the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is that you don't need to modify any other files to install it - it has a free-standing set of files.

The disadvantages are:

1. Doesn't work properly if Register Globals is set to 'off' in php.ini (but I can't confirm if the other IPN's do).

2. It duplicates parts of checkout_process.php and bypasses that file. So if you install any contribution which modifies checkout_process.php then you also have to modify the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN.

Vger

Vger,

I don't want to take this too far off topic,

but am I correct in understanding that ccgv(trad) works OK with the oscommerce paypal IPN?

I would guess that the specified ccgv(trad) changes to checkout_process.php would need to also be changed in the ipn file? Is that the catch, in order to get them to play well together (ipn and ccgv trad)?

Yes, the official osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is preferable to other Pay Pal IPN modules. All have their drawbacks, but the main advantage of the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN is that you don't need to modify any other files to install it - it has a free-standing set of files.

The disadvantages are:

1. Doesn't work properly if Register Globals is set to 'off' in php.ini (but I can't confirm if the other IPN's do).

2. It duplicates parts of checkout_process.php and bypasses that file. So if you install any contribution which modifies checkout_process.php then you also have to modify the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN.

Vger

Because CCGV(trad) was a developmental off-shoot from the older CCGV 5.10c there was already a fix for the Pay Pal IPN working with CCGV problem. The link to this fix has been included in the CCGV(trad) Install file, with reference to the osCommerce Pay Pal IPN.

Vger

Personally, I would recommend this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,oscommerce+ipn

Thanks for the help. I'm still a long way from going "live" but want to get everything in order first.

My Contributions

Password Protect Admin

Archived