• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How does the download function work?

I have enable download functions in my admin side and added the product to the product attributes. When I make a test order, it does show that you can download the item just purchased but osCommerce does not provide you with the link to download. What is happening here? How or what can I do to fix this.

Thank you,

Richard

The download won't be available until the item is marked as paid. It wouldn't do to have it available for a payment method that had not been confirmed since everyone would get the download without having to pay. Go to admin->Customers->Orders and set the order to Delivered (or whatever you have it named) and the download should become available in the customers account.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm also intrested in learning how the download function works. I have a similiar problem.

My download product shows up in the customer account but the download is not there when you click the link:

ERROR:

catalog/pub/.rceoiovbhrdcbqqcz//Disc1/Full.mp3 was not found on this server.

I'm willing to do the research on this if someone could help point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Tim

I have enable download functions in my admin side and added the product to the product attributes. When I make a test order, it does show that you can download the item just purchased but osCommerce does not provide you with the link to download. What is happening here? How or what can I do to fix this.

Thank you,

Richard

I've just setting up a images download websites for my boss... B)

If you want to let others download your products, you need to follow these steps:-

-enable the download in admin

-set the redirect download to true if you're using linux/unix platform. (i'm using win xp so i make it false)

-set the 'downloads' directory permission to 755 or 777.

-set the 'pub' directory permission to 777. (i'm not sure what does pub directory do. But it's essential, can anyone tell me what the pub directory actually do)

-when you add the products, you need to add that products' filename (ex. images.jpg) in products' attributes. (remember!)

Let's do testing, try to purchase something. After the checkout process (means after all the payment was made)

You will link back to your 'order success' page from payement gateway.

yes, you have done.

You will see the download link on that page.

In case you just see the download file name and no download link. The problem is you doesn't that particular download file in 'download' directory.

All of the stesp and peocedure is use the default osc functions.

If you need some 'free shipping' or 'free charges' features. You could uses 'DownloadsController_v5_0.rar' from contribution...

Well, i advise you to use default downloads function in osc, because this 'download controller' make many changes... it make me faint(because more changes... but it worked well...

Remember before you use that download controller... please, pretty please do backup backup backup...

It change alot...

Hope this helps...

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaarrrggghhh! This is frustrating! I've been trying to solve this problem for a month and I have no more hair to pull out.

I have follwed all of these instructions pretty carefully, installed the Downloads Controller contributions, but still no download.

Admin >> Config >> Download >> Enable = Yes, redirect = Yes (tried "No" too)

Admin >> Catalog >> Products >> added product

Admin >> Catalog >> Attributes >> Product Options = "File", Option Value = "Download", Product Attributes = "File: Download" selected, Filename entered, Expiry = 14 days, Max Download Count = 2

Admin >> Localization >> Order Status (created "Complete" for successful transactions, also created "Updated" as stated in DLController)

Admin >> Modules >> Payment >> Paymonde (my merch acct) enabled >> Set order status "Complete"

I go through my checkout process and I end up at the "Successful Transaction" page from my merchant account. I don't get redirected to any download. Then, I look into my order history and see the cpmpleted transaction, but there's no link to download my product.

What the heck am I missing?

Bondo

When you go into product attributes and look at the download file entry, does the message there say Found (or something like that)? If it can't find the downlaod, it won't show up later.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've just setting up a images download websites for my boss... B)

If you want to let others download your products, you need to follow these steps:-

-enable the download in admin

-set the redirect download to true if you're using linux/unix platform. (i'm using win xp so i make it false)

-set the 'downloads' directory permission to 755 or 777.

-set the 'pub' directory permission to 777. (i'm not sure what does pub directory do. But it's essential, can anyone tell me what the pub directory actually do)

-when you add the products, you need to add that products' filename (ex. images.jpg) in products' attributes. (remember!)

Let's do testing, try to purchase something. After the checkout process (means after all the payment was made)

You will link back to your 'order success' page from payement gateway.

yes, you have done.

You will see the download link on that page.

In case you just see the download file name and no download link. The problem is you doesn't that particular download file in 'download' directory.

All of the stesp and peocedure is use the default osc functions.

If you need some 'free shipping' or 'free charges' features. You could uses 'DownloadsController_v5_0.rar' from contribution...

Well, i advise you to use default downloads function in osc, because this 'download controller' make many changes... it make me faint(because more changes... but it worked well...

Remember before you use that download controller... please, pretty please do backup backup backup...

It change alot...

Hope this helps...

smithveg

hey sorry I have a quick question. Im a newb to this I just installed OSCommerce today.

In your above post you said I have to set the "pub" directory to "777". Where is this pub directory I have to set to 777?? You also said set the downloads directory to 777 as well, where is the downloads directory?

Thanks for any help!

Aaaarrrggghhh! This is frustrating! I've been trying to solve this problem for a month and I have no more hair to pull out.

I have follwed all of these instructions pretty carefully, installed the Downloads Controller contributions, but still no download.

Admin >> Config >> Download >> Enable = Yes, redirect = Yes (tried "No" too)

Admin >> Catalog >> Products >> added product

Admin >> Catalog >> Attributes >> Product Options = "File", Option Value = "Download", Product Attributes = "File: Download" selected, Filename entered, Expiry = 14 days, Max Download Count = 2

Admin >> Localization >> Order Status (created "Complete" for successful transactions, also created "Updated" as stated in DLController)

Admin >> Modules >> Payment >> Paymonde (my merch acct) enabled >> Set order status "Complete"

I go through my checkout process and I end up at the "Successful Transaction" page from my merchant account. I don't get redirected to any download. Then, I look into my order history and see the cpmpleted transaction, but there's no link to download my product.

What the heck am I missing?

Bondo

Bondo, I followed your procedure and it worked first time in my 'almost' default osc store.

The download link for the file is found by looking at your order (once completed if CC processed) and you will see the download link within the order under "Download Links" down the order page a bit. I tested by placing a pdf called tester.pdf in the download folder (folder chmodded to 777) and writing the filename tester.pdf in the "filename:" box of the options attributes panel.

As Jack said - make sure the file is there and also named correctly - if it can't see it - it doesn't link to it.

Archived