• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Client registered and purchased but no order is appearing

eddiev2001

Hello,

I have a clietn who just send me funds for an item purchased on my online store. I can see the client registered but the order is not appearing in the admin panel. The payment was done via paypal. Any clue as to why this is happening

Thank you,

Eddie >_<

Hello,

I have a clietn who just send me funds for an item purchased on my online store. I can see the client registered but the order is not appearing in the admin panel. The payment was done via paypal. Any clue as to why this is happening

Thank you,

Eddie >_<

Customer did not click on continue button and never came back to store after making payment. If you only accept payments for your store via your paypal account you can set the auto return in your paypal account. If you accept other payments to your paypal account then you need to install the paypal ipn module.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Customer did not click on continue button and never came back to store after making payment. If you only accept payments for your store via your paypal account you can set the auto return in your paypal account. If you accept other payments to your paypal account then you need to install the paypal ipn module.

Does the Paypal IPN Module provide information on the paypal account as pertaining to what product was purchased?

I'm using Fast Easy Checkout and have fought my shopping cart through the order process. I'm using the plain old paypal built into OSCommerce 2.2 ms2.

I can go through the whole checkout process with no problem except admin's order information is blank. I can get the price of things on paypal and derive the product from this, but that's..really not a good idea.

I've read on the forums in other topics that paypal IPN provides information on paypal about the order. Will this provide a record of what product was bought on paypal?

Is there any other fix for this?

-K

The ipn module will record the order as the customer leaves your site to go to paypal so even if they do not come back to your site as they should you will still have the order in your admin.

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I kinda figured that's what had happened. Where can I set auto return ? is it in my paypal account ?

Thanks

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I kinda figured that's what had happened. Where can I set auto return ? is it in my paypal account ?

Thanks

Yes, look under merchant tools

Hey,

Thanks

Yea it's in your user preferences , website purchases or something like that.

The only problem is if they don't have a paypal account then they still can close out before automatically returning

Yea it's in your user preferences , website purchases or something like that.

The only problem is if they don't have a paypal account then they still can close out before automatically returning

hey,

Should the return address be something specific?

Archived