• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing First Page Shown - Newbie - Help

sunbrite19

:huh: I am new to oscommerce and am trying to edit the welcome page to remove the initiallly built in text which says something like the site is only testing. Which php file do I need to edit to remove this text? I could not find it in the index.php or any other one I tried.

thanks!

:huh: I am new to oscommerce and am trying to edit the welcome page to remove the initiallly built in text which says something like the site is only testing. Which php file do I need to edit to remove this text? I could not find it in the index.php or any other one I tried.

thanks!

If you read the text itself it tells you what file needs to be edited look at #2. Another good place to find the info would be in the knowledge base found HERE

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If you read the text itself it tells you what file needs to be edited look at #2. Another good place to find the info would be in the knowledge base found HERE

Thank you. But now I am getting an error page and my website won't come up at all. It says "Parse error: unexpected T_String"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Id depends on what you altered. If you paste the relevant page of code someone may be able to help you. You could of course copy and paste your backup copy of that file and try starting again. You did back it up first didnt you. If you didnt you have learnt a lesson.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived