• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database error

Pinvader

Edit your includes/configure.php file for the proper database information.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Edit your includes/configure.php file for the proper database information.

Hello Daemonj

Could you help me with this problem too... how do I edit my includes/configure.php file for the proper database information?

Do I change the configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration.php?

While that what I also tired but it doesn't seem to work.

My admin and site is mess up. I can't get into my admin, both my site and admin has this error

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Access your site via FTP, change to the includes folder, and edit the configure.php file. At the bottom of the file are the entries for you to place your database name, username, and password.

Do the same for your admin/includes/configure.php file too.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Access your site via FTP, change to the includes folder, and edit the configure.php file. At the bottom of the file are the entries for you to place your database name, username, and password.

Do the same for your admin/includes/configure.php file too.

I changed my database name, username, and password on both of my includes/configure.php file but it doesn't seem to work.

I still get the same error...could it be something else?

maybe with mysql?

Does your database contain any tables?

PHP is a scriptling language that processes informaiton.

MySQL is a database service.

A database is what stores the information for your database (e.g. orders, customers, etc).

Access PHPMyAdmin (another PHP-based applicaton that provides access to the databases in MySQL), which is usually found via your accounts control panel and select the database you created for your store. If you are provided a list of tables then your database is populated. If there is no list then no information was imported when you ran the installation script.

If you didn't run the installation script, then in a browser request [your_domain]/install and answer the questions.

PHP is a scriptling language that processes informaiton.

MySQL is a database service.

A database is what stores the information for your database (e.g. orders, customers, etc).

Access PHPMyAdmin (another PHP-based applicaton that provides access to the databases in MySQL), which is usually found via your accounts control panel and select the database you created for your store. If you are provided a list of tables then your database is populated. If there is no list then no information was imported when you ran the installation script.

If you didn't run the installation script, then in a browser request [your_domain]/install and answer the questions.

Yeah I have 54 list of tables..and 142 records in my configuration. What does configuration mean?

What steps should I do next to get my site back up again? :(

If your database is populated and you have entered the correct information into your includes/configure.php file then you should not be having a problem any more.

Re-check the information in your includes/configure.php file. Perhaps your database is stored somewhere other than on your localhost.

Archived