• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FATAL ERROR in admin/classes/upload.php

russellh9

Hi

This morning I got the following fatal error while trying to access the admin panel on my osCommerce setup. I uploaded one image yesterday and all seemed to work just fine until this morning when I tried to login to the admin panel.

ERROR CODE: Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/drnelson/public_html/osCommerce1/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

There is another post by 'Jeremy' on this same error today. I would greatly appreciate if someone can decipher this problem and let us know what it is, how it came about and how to fix it.

THANKS!!

Russ :blink:

You have any luck yet ??? Im still stuck with no ideas

I just tried logging in and I received the same error. I didn't upload anything yesterday. I went in and updated shipping from pending to processing and that was it.

Hi

I sent a message to 'ddp' who had helped me before. no answer yet. I also sent an email to the author of "Building Online Stores with osCommerce: Professional Edition by Packt Publishing. He responded to an earlier email I sent him about duplicating a customized osCommerce setup onto another server.

Will post if I hear anything.

Russ

Hi

I sent a message to 'ddp' who had helped me before. no answer yet. I also sent an email to the author of "Building Online Stores with osCommerce: Professional Edition by Packt Publishing. He responded to an earlier email I sent him about duplicating a customized osCommerce setup onto another server.

Will post if I hear anything.

Russ

Just out of curiosity I followed the path. Under classes there is no upload.php

Strange to have an error where something doesn't exist. Of course this isn't helpful, I just found it odd.

Kristen

Some searching would have found the solution as this has been posted lots!!!!!!!!!!!

php5 compatibility problem

admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31, edit

$this = null;

to this:

unset($this);

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Some searching would have found the solution as this has been posted lots!!!!!!!!!!!

php5 compatibility problem

admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31, edit

$this = null;

to this:

unset($this);

Ok, However there is no upload.php under classes. Where would I change it? Thank you

Hi Guys

I also did some 'deep digging' in the forums search for 'fatal error' and found this solution that WORKS!!!

"this is caused by an upgrade to PHP 5. Go to line 31 and comment out this bit:

$this = null;"

Russ

Hi Guys

I also did some 'deep digging' in the forums search for 'fatal error' and found this solution that WORKS!!!

"this is caused by an upgrade to PHP 5. Go to line 31 and comment out this bit:

$this = null;"

Russ

sorry, but as I mentioned there is no upload.php in classes. So how can I edit it? Thank you

Ok, However there is no upload.php under classes. Where would I change it? Thank you

Did you start in the admin folder?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived