• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New password email

ianric

Hi

Just testing what I have so far and all is OK apart from a little quirk in the new password email section. I have added a test user and the email gets sent with a new auto generated password. I can login with the new password but is there a way the user can change it from the auto generated one to one of his/her own without re-entering all their details.

Thanks

Ian

After logging in with the new password the customer can go to his account and there is a link to change the password.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hi Abra

Thanks for the reply. I thought that but I can't find the account detail link. I am using a contrib a la amazon and the site has been modified by using the tutorial from oscbooks. I have gone to the demo site, registered myself and it does give me these options. When I login to my site is goes back to the main page. I guess I'll need to do some tweaking.

Cheers

Ian

maybe you can have a look at the original files of osC and add the password bit back into your modified version.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived