• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TinyMCE & MCImageManager

Tormenta

Hello all, I've installed TinyMCE editor and it works perfectly. Now I would like to integrate the MCImageManager, since I would like to have more than one image per product.

I have to say that the installation instructions are more than poor (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/imagemanager/docs/installing.html), or are for people that really know how to work with all this stuff, which is not at all my case. If I succeed to install the TinyMCE first was thanks to the contribution on this subject in the osCommerce community contributions and by the way, it was there that I learned about the existence of TinyMCE . Anyway, the installation instructions say: "Installing ImageManager is a quite simple process (!!???). You simply extract the contents of distribution zip or tgz file to the server." Full stop. Where on the server??? Then I started searching here and there everywhere and found, which sounds fairly reasonable, that it must be installed in admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/plugins, which I did.

The second installation step (and the last one) says: "Once you have extracted the archive you should be able to just go the the imagemanager by pointing your browser to http://<your host>/imagemanager." Full stop again. Great, because if I was not totally lost with the first step, now I really am. Where should I do this???? what does it mean "pointing my browser to ..."??????

I would deeply appreciate any help on this, I've been working for 5 hours trying to find a way to upload the image manager with no success... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since I really had a very hard time :sweating: integrating the MCImageManager to TyinyMCE, I post this here (I also posted it in Tips and Tricks) in case it may help since, even when MCImageManager is not free (but very cheap) I think that both are great tools. And also to get back a tiny (like the MCE!!) bit of the kindness of everybody here in this forum.

First I have to say, and I think it's important, that I installed the TinyMCE only to edit the text in the catalogue area.

What I did was:

1 ? After extracting MCImageManager PHP in my PC, I uploaded it in admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/plugins with the FTP;

2 ? In admin/categories.php and within the <head></head> tags, I added imagemanager to the plugins so now it looks:

plugins : spellchecker,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inse

rtdatetime,

preview,zoom,flash,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscre

en,

noneditable,imagemanager",

3 ? After getting to install it, I could see my uploaded extra pictures in the preview page of the catalogue but they were broken in my website because there is a paths issue that has to be resolved. The different possibilities (kind of ancient Chinese for me) you can check here:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tinymce/docs/faq.html#paths

Mine was option #2. Then in the same file categories.php after:

tinyMCE.init({

mode : "textareas",

theme : "advanced",

I just added:

document_base_url : "/somedir/somfile.html",

exactly as it reads (when I red it first I thought I had to change the ?somedir? to my own directory name. Yes, I?m a newby?). So now it looks:

tinyMCE.init({

Briefly, now my <head></head> tags in my categories.php file are as follow:

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"

src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

tinyMCE.init({

plugins : & quot;spellchecker,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell

,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,flash,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,

directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,imagemanager",

theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "save,newdocument,separator",

theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",

theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,separator,forecolor,backcolor",

theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator",

theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",

theme_advanced_buttons3_add : & quot;emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print,separator,ltr,rtl,separator,fu

llscreen",

theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,|,spellchecker",

theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",

theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",

theme_advanced_path_location : "bottom",

content_css : "/example_data/example_full.css",

plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",

plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",

extended_valid_elements : & quot;hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|s

tyle]",

external_link_list_url : "example_data/example_link_list.js",

external_image_list_url : "example_data/example_image_list.js",

flash_external_list_url : "example_data/example_flash_list.js",

file_browser_callback : "mcFileManager.filebrowserCallBack",

theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : false,

theme_advanced_resizing : true,

apply_source_formatting : true,

spellchecker_languages : & quot;+English=en,Danish=da,Dutch=nl,Finnish=fi,French=fr,German=de,Italian=it,Po

lish=pl,Portuguese=pt,Spanish=es,Swedish=sv"

});

</script>

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

Finally, in order to shorten the paths (otherwise they are too long), in config.php I set the rootpath to "../../../../../../images" (you can set something similar depending on the directories you create in the Imange Manager), again, exactly as it reads.

Hope it helps and thanks to all. :)

Archived