• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I integrate with existing sales pages?

hilary

Hi,

I wonder if Oscommerce will integrate with my existing site, similarly to the Paypal cart? That is - add an 'add to cart' button to existing product listings, and have this update a separate 'cart' window, and/or a cart status box included on the page. I don't want to create a separate 'store' directory and product pages.

If Oscommerce does this, where can I find instructions?

If not, do you know of a cart that does?

many thanks!

Hilary

The PayPal method passes data from your site to a third party site and cart and checkout are done there. This is not a terribly good user experience and makes updating a headache as your store is spread across two different sites with (rarely) any kind of central database controlling things on the merchant end.

OSC however, does all cart, shipping and checkout itself "in-house". There's no redirection off to other 3rd party sites and annoying popups everytime you put something in your cart or attempt to checkout. The entire store is run from a central database which is controlled via the OSC admin Tool.

Your current site design can be easily integrated into OSC (depending on your experience) without creating a separate directory. Your current pages would no longer be of use however once you had inserted all your products into the OSC database.

Archived