• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

a few oscommerce questions

frandco

well me and my buddy are starting an online business. now we need a website. we have been looking and found some nice templates. the problem is the best ones are an os commerce site. well we both are very unfamiliar with what an os commerce site is all about so we tried to research it. but the problem is we didn't come up with much. we looked on the net we called help lines but still we could get no help. so now we have a couple questions before we make the endevour and purchase one of these sites.

1. could we setup the cart so that when the person would place an order it would automatically send us an email with that order(shipping address, credit card info, etc) so that we could then place the order with our distibuter?

2. can we edit our site with dreamweaver or maybe flash(we only get the .psd .php but not .fla so we didn't think we could do it in flash but we would want to)? we will be getting the source file with the source as a .php but can we really edit it with somthin besides the admin panel because we would rather do it in flash or dreamweaver if that was an alternative? we have heared alot about the admin panel but we dont fully understand wat it is?

dont think are a couple of guys that are not looking because we looked but we couldn't find much at all on this stuff.

any help would be greatly appreciated

1. could we setup the cart so that when the person would place an order it would automatically send us an email with that order(shipping address, etc) so that we could then place the order with our distibuter?

2. can we edit our site with dreamweaver

yes and yes

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

well i was just going to edit my last comment and add this to it but i dont see where u can edit so...

how could we go about getting it to automatically sending us an email?

oh and by the way, thanks crash3903 for answering my questions.

Archived