• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

question about "tax"

I've seen a document that describes certain organizations as tax-exempt when they use their cc. You could check cc during checkout and subtract the tax accordingly.

I've seen a document that describes certain organizations as tax-exempt when they use their cc. You could check cc during checkout and subtract the tax accordingly.

Thanks for your help. How could I check cc during checkout and subtract the tax accordingly? Does oscommerce have this function or should i install some contribution?

osc has the function to validate the credit card numbers. Look into your catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php. As you know there are certain digits with major cards that indicate if a person is eligible for tax-exempt like some gov officials.

Once you detect such a card you store the info (like registering a session) and then during checkout confirmation you append the tax amount accordingly.

osc has the function to validate the credit card numbers. Look into your catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php. As you know there are certain digits with major cards that indicate if a person is eligible for tax-exempt like some gov officials.

Once you detect such a card you store the info (like registering a session) and then during checkout confirmation you append the tax amount accordingly.

So i should change the source code of catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php, it is right? But i have no idea and i feel a little afraid to change the soure code of cc_validation.php because it is related to money issue. So is there such kind of contribution can do this?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your help. I have tried different versions of this contribution. But none of them can work properly.

I cannot find a current thread for support, just this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=33365&hl=

It is pretty old.

There have been attempts to get this working, so maybe start a new thread Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts and see if those that want it can work together to get it working.

I cannot find a current thread for support, just this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=33365&hl=

It is pretty old.

There have been attempts to get this working, so maybe start a new thread Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts and see if those that want it can work together to get it working.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

• 2 months later...