• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error upon SQL dump[BACKUP]

jacenstuff

I got this clicking the backup button in the admin tool. What does it mean, and how do I correct this so I can do a clean backup?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fulltext,state,sectionid,mask,catid,created,created_by,created_by_alias,modi

fied' at line 1

select id,title,title_alias,introtext,fulltext,state,sectionid,mask,catid,created,creat

ed_by,created_by_alias,modified,modified_by,checked_out,checked_out_time,publish_

up,publish_down,images,urls,attribs,version,parentid,ordering,metakey,metadesc,ac

cess,hits from mos_content

[TEP STOP]

I know NOTHING about SQL, so please keep it in laments terms when giving me advice.

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

I don't know about above but you can still backup your database a different way. You will need to have phpMyAdmin installed but you should since it is an osC requirement. Open your database in cpanel with your database manager and click export database. Copy and paste the entire database into notepad and save it as anything.sql. And now you have yourself a backup. You can also use notepad to view the database if you want to get to grips with sql.

Chau

Nick

Menou and unome

It says something about a syntax error on line 1, the rest is goobledegook to me. Here is the first section of my database. You can compare it with yours. Its easier to view this if you copy it into notepad and save it as .sql

# osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

# http://www.oscommerce.com

#

# Database Backup For osStore

# Copyright © 2006 Nicholas Kolatsis

#

# Database: osMemSQL

# Database Server: localhost

#

# Backup Date: 06/08/2006 04:58:45

drop table if exists address_book;

create table address_book (

address_book_id int(11) not null auto_increment,

customers_id int(11) default '0' not null ,

entry_gender char(1) not null ,

entry_company varchar(32) ,

entry_firstname varchar(32) not null ,

entry_lastname varchar(32) not null ,

entry_street_address varchar(64) not null ,

entry_suburb varchar(32) ,

entry_postcode varchar(10) not null ,

entry_city varchar(32) not null ,

entry_state varchar(32) ,

entry_country_id int(11) default '0' not null ,

entry_zone_id int(11) default '0' not null ,

PRIMARY KEY (address_book_id),

KEY idx_address_book_customers_id (customers_id)

);

insert into address_book (address_book_id, customers_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_suburb, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_state, entry_country_id, entry_zone_id) values ('1', '1', 'm', 'ACME Inc.', 'John', 'Doe', '1 Way Street', '', '12345', 'NeverNever', '', '223', '12');

Menou and unome

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately for me, my domain hosting is done through my brothers account, so I never got the information to login and access cpanel and such. I only have permissions to ftp,ssh, and the like. I'd rather get the backup portion of OSC working anyways, as I want everything to work flawlessly with OSC, there should be no reason to settle for great software with a couple of broken pieces. It just kinda irks me is all. But i'll do wht you said until I find the answer to this question. Thank you so much.

p.s. BACKUP!

I don't exactly know the answer to your question(s) but those fields in your SQL error don't look like typical OSC database fields. It's almost like it's looking at an entirely different database (not your osc database).

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately for me, my domain hosting is done through my brothers account, so I never got the information to login and access cpanel and such. I only have permissions to ftp,ssh, and the like. I'd rather get the backup portion of OSC working anyways, as I want everything to work flawlessly with OSC, there should be no reason to settle for great software with a couple of broken pieces. It just kinda irks me is all. But i'll do wht you said until I find the answer to this question. Thank you so much.

I got this clicking the backup button in the admin tool. What does it mean, and how do I correct this so I can do a clean backup?

I know NOTHING about SQL, so please keep it in laments terms when giving me advice.

Looks like joomla. They use a moded osc as a module so you should ask there.

joomla? What is that? As far as I know I DL'd whatever OSC software there was directly from the oscommerce.com site. As for the Dbase side of things, it's on a server that I know personally is running mySQL. Any clues as to how I might have stumbled on to it, because that does sound rather interesting, I been carefully noting every step I modded and added to OSC, for emergencey backup reasons. And I still haven't been able to backup the store yet. Where do I find help for joomla?

p.s. BACKUP!

Archived