• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error on line 13?

kellysant

Hi,

I can't edit my pages thu oscommerce due to the premissions in which i have spoken to my server provider about. He suggested I use deamwaver to edit the script with what i needed to change which was just text in which the demo had loaded on my index page.

I have edited the INDEX.PHP in the right directory but must be missing somthing because all i can now see on my page instead of the writing i had done is the words

TEXT MAIN

someone please assist - :blink: i'm new at all this and its driving me nuts - i need to know what part of the script i need to edit.

writen below

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('Creating an account will allow you at add items to your shopping trolley, which will give you a total on the items alone but keep in mind freight is extra depending on your area.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>What We are About</b><br><br>We are a wrecking yard devoted to supplying car parts for Mercedes, Daewoo & Honda but we do so much more then parts. We also supply Tyres new and seond hand, Mags for a range of models, Tools for workshops and small hand tools which are at great quaility. </td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Our Goal</b><br><br>Our team is not just devoted to give you great customer service on every sale but cheap prices and fast service. When an item is paid for you will recieve a follow up email with the details for tracking purpose, most if not all sales are completed within one week of payment clearing and recieved in perfect condition. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Free Delivery</b><br><br>Yes it's true, we do deliver free of charge to <b>Some</b> areas but not all. Best to email kelly direct if you would like to know if we come to your area free of charge or if you would like an estimate on how much it would cost to get an item to your area.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Buying In store</b><br><br> We are a large family business covering most your auto needs, Caroline Springs Motor wreckers in just one of the business that runs off the network but we also have Payless Auto Parts supplying New Parts for nearly every car on the market. Deer Park Wreckers which wreck most, makes and models at extremely competitive prices. C & C Car Sales supplying great second hand cars at very cheap prices (be warned, anything online may be sold). If you want to read about any of the services we provide visit our web pages at <a href="http://www.auto1059.com"_blank"><u>Auto1059 offical website</u></a>'</b></font>.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) ) {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');

define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');

define('TEXT_SHOW', '<b>Show:</b>');

define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');

define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');

define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');

define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?');

} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Categories');

}

?>

you took out TEXT_MAIN. put it back in.

still not working

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN','Creating an account will allow you at add items to your shopping trolley, which will give you a total on the items alone but keep in mind freight is extra depending on your ara.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>What We are About</b><br><br>We are a wrecking yard devoted to supplying car parts for Mercedes, Daewoo & Honda but we do so much more then parts. We also supply Tyres new and seond hand, Mags for a range of models, Tools for workshops and small hand tools which are at great quaility. </td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Our Goal</b><br><br>Our team is not just devoted to give you great customer service on every sale but cheap prices and fast service. When an item is paid for you will recieve a follow up email with the details for tracking purpose, most if not all sales are completed within one week of payment clearing and recieved in perfect condition. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') .'</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Free Delivery</b><br><br>Yes it's true, we do deliver free of charge to <b>Some</b> areas but not all. Best to email kelly direct if you would like to know if we come to your area free of charge or if you would like an estimate on how much it would cost to get an item to your area.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') .

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'coming soon.');'</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Buying In store</b><br><br> We are a large family business covering most your auto needs, Caroline Springs Motor wreckers in just one of the business that runs off the network but we also have Payless Auto Parts supplying New Parts for nearly every car on the market. Deer Park Wreckers which wreck most, makes and models at extremely competitive prices. C & C Car Sales supplying great second hand cars at very cheap prices (be warned, anything online may be sold). If you want to read about any of the services we provide visit our web pages at <a href="http://www.auto1059.com"_blank"><u>Auto1059 offical website</u></a>'</b></font>.');

try this:

define('TEXT_MAIN','Creating an account will allow you at add items to your shopping trolley, which will give you a total on the items alone but keep in mind freight is extra depending on your ara.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>What We are About</b><br><br>We are a wrecking yard devoted to supplying car parts for Mercedes, Daewoo & Honda but we do so much more then parts. We also supply Tyres new and seond hand, Mags for a range of models, Tools for workshops and small hand tools which are at great quaility. </td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Our Goal</b><br><br>Our team is not just devoted to give you great customer service on every sale but cheap prices and fast service. When an item is paid for you will recieve a follow up email with the details for tracking purpose, most if not all sales are completed within one week of payment clearing and recieved in perfect condition.' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>Free Delivery</b><br><br>Yes it\'s true, we do deliver free of charge to <b>Some</b> areas but not all. Best to email kelly direct if you would like to know if we come to your area free of charge or if you would like an estimate on how much it would cost to get an item to your area.</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '');

Archived