• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different qty in different product option + out of stock warning

bisma

Hi all, this is my first post :)

I've been looking for this topic either in forum or contrib but so far I can't find any solution. Maybe someone can help me with this :)

I sell shirts with OC. The problem is, for one model of shirt I have 3 options for customers wich are size S, M and L (I setup up product option for this) while OC only offer one input for general quantity. Is there a way that I can put different quantity for each product option? Becuase we never stocked all sizes at the same time. So far I have to create new product entry for each option wich I think is very unefficient.

One more thing, can OC display an Out of Stock warning in product list? I dont want the customer fell being tricked because the out of stock warning only comes up after they check out. So I want customers know if some products is currenlty out of stock right from the beginning (perhaps some kind of flashing text or icon next to the product name). I know OC can display the current quantity of each products. But for some of my customers tought that this is the exact amount they get when they buy that particular product.

Thanks...

Archived