• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Insert Category name rather than "Categories"

I couldn't find a relevant post for this but is there a way to replace the text "Categories" on the top of the page (not the title) with the category name that is clicked?

Also, when a product is clicked on, can I replace "Let's see what we have here" with the Product's name?

Thanks for any info...

The "Header Tags Controller" contribution will change all that and more. It's a great benefit for your site.

If you just want to change them directly, that's in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

I couldn't find a relevant post for this but is there a way to replace the text "Categories" on the top of the page (not the title) with the category name that is clicked?

Also, when a product is clicked on, can I replace "Let's see what we have here" with the Product's name?

Thanks for any info...

• 2 weeks later...
The "Header Tags Controller" contribution will change all that and more. It's a great benefit for your site.

If you just want to change them directly, that's in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

No.. that is not how you do it. You need to insert the category name so this is dynamic not static.. a db query is involved... im trying to figure this out right now and I can't.. anyone??

No.. that is not how you do it. You need to insert the category name so this is dynamic not static.. a db query is involved... im trying to figure this out right now and I can't.. anyone??

Really depends how much automation you would like. The cdynamic meta tags is much more suitable for this purpose. If you can customize it enough to inject the keywords based on the page content thats it.

Otherwise with the header tags you enter keywords for each product, category page in general manually.

Archived