• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing payPal IPN v1.0 contrbution

anncam

Complete newbie with no technical knowledge asks your indulgence.

I have downloaded this contribution and see in the installation instructions that I must copy the files in the contribution to the installation directory. On original install of osCommerce I deleted the install directory as suggested. What can I do to now install this contribution?

When it says "installation directory", it means the folder that you have your osc files in.

If your site shows up at www.yoursite.com/catalog

then the "installation" directory is "catalog", so you would put the files there per the instructions.

If you site shows up at just www.yoursite.com (no other subdirectory as above),

Then you would put the files in the 'root' directory of your site (usually htdocs or public_html or wwwroot or something similar)

You did the right thing... :)

Complete newbie with no technical knowledge asks your indulgence.

I have downloaded this contribution and see in the installation instructions that I must copy the files in the contribution to the installation directory. On original install of osCommerce I deleted the install directory as suggested. What can I do to now install this contribution?

When it says "installation directory", it means the folder that you have your osc files in.

If your site shows up at www.yoursite.com/catalog

then the "installation" directory is "catalog", so you would put the files there per the instructions.

If you site shows up at just www.yoursite.com (no other subdirectory as above),

Then you would put the files in the 'root' directory of your site (usually htdocs or public_html or wwwroot or something similar)

You did the right thing... :)

Thanks for the help Mark.

I think I get the general idea.

Do I follow th paths

mydomain/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment - and then add the paypal_ipn (1kb) here

then

mydomain/catalog/includes/modules/payment - and add the pay_pal ipn (44.8kb) here.

It's the next bit that is throwing me presuming the above is correct,

mydomain/catalog - how do I create the "ext" here with a path leading

mydomain/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal-ipn - to add the ipn.php (6.12kb) here?

Am I even on the right track?

Thanks again for your time in helping.

I put my answers below...

Thanks for the help Mark.

I think I get the general idea.

Do I follow th paths

mydomain/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment - and then add the paypal_ipn (1kb) here

YES

then

mydomain/catalog/includes/modules/payment - and add the pay_pal ipn (44.8kb) here.

YES

It's the next bit that is throwing me presuming the above is correct,

mydomain/catalog - how do I create the "ext" here with a path leading

mydomain/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn - to add the ipn.php (6.12kb) here?

Am I even on the right track?

Yes, you can just upload the 'ext' folder, complete with its contents and put it in your 'catalog' folder.

Thanks again for your time in helping.

As a side note, I would suggest checking out a free program called Filezilla. It's for transferring files with FTP. If you're only using your host's cpanel or file manager or similar things to copy/edit/transfer files...you're missing out. If you can drag and drop, you can operate Filezilla. It's cool! ;)

I put my answers below...

As a side note, I would suggest checking out a free program called Filezilla. It's for transferring files with FTP. If you're only using your host's cpanel or file manager or similar things to copy/edit/transfer files...you're missing out. If you can drag and drop, you can operate Filezilla. It's cool! ;)

Once again thanks for your help. It is really good that people like you are willing to give of their time and expertise. I hope one day I will know enough to help somebody who needs it.

Took your advice and downloaded Filezilla - and you were right even I can use it!

Cheers, Ann.

Archived