• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

turning off ssl?

tj_fox

hi -

i have installed my shop, deleted all the sample products and catagories and added 1 product so that i can test the site. however when i go to create an account (as a customer) i get 'Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mysite.com'. I have read in a previous post that i should check the url and the ssl settings. the url is fine however i do not have dedicated ssl with my hosting company, (im not sure if i need it as my payments are taken through barclays ePdq which im sure is secure) is there anyway to bypass this or disable it looking for an ssl connection?

any help would be greatly appreciated :'(

Tommy

if you are not going to use an ssl look into your catalog\includes\configure.php set the ssl to false

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

if you are not going to use an ssl look into your catalog\includes\configure.php set the ssl to false

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

Hi - thanks for getting back to me, i really appreciate the help!

I am using barclaycard epdq for taking payment , http://www.epdq.com/, is that wht you mean? i would expect this to be secure

Mark meant to look at a particular file. This is how you will turn off the SSL so you won't get page errors anymore on the account/checkout pages.

It's located at catalog/includes/configure.php

You'll need to edit that file to change one line

Find

('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

And change it to

('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

Then your account related pages should work.

Hi - thanks for getting back to me, i really appreciate the help!

I am using barclaycard epdq for taking payment , http://www.epdq.com/, is that wht you mean? i would expect this to be secure

Archived