• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with category links

When I click the link to my product categories I get this error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '12'

Anyone know the file name that is being called in the first place to show individual category listings? If so I can probably just replace that file with an older one that I had working before installing my template. Any help would be appreciated also here's the link to see the actual error:

http://www.joel-nosal.com/cart2/catalog/in...b986c5a82ed7e54

Thanks.

I am having the same problem. I recently went from a mysql 3 server to a mysql 5 server and this error cropped up.

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '146'

Any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. I recently went from a mysql 3 server to a mysql 5 server and this error cropped up.

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '146'

Any suggestions?

Yes. I ran into this too. I'm running MySQL 5 from Debian packages. I found the answer using google and the key words:

oscommerce

"p.products_id in on clause"

I found this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,3171/status,open

Take your time and read through it. One person mentions installing a "PHP5 & MySQL5" contrib. I did not do that but manually edited the code (/catalog/index.php).

Beware your search function is probably going to break too. Just read the whole thread.

Good Luck,

Tim

Archived