• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Product Listing Page in Admin

NBEP

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to edit some of my products, but there isn't a products listing page in my admin area. In the Catalog section there is a categories/products page where I can add categories and new products, but I cannot find anywhere where you can edit the products. Also when I add new products to my store they are being added successfully except the price shows $0 :o if anyone has any idea what it is I could be doing wrong your help would be much appreciated.

If you enter the category that the product is listed in by clicking on the folder to the left of the cetegory name, you should see all the products listed in that category.

You should then be able to edit that product by highlighting the product.

In regard to the prices not showing properly, the most common fault is when the english.php file has been alytered and the define ('language_currency .etc does not match your default currency.

If you enter the category that the product is listed in by clicking on the folder to the left of the cetegory name, you should see all the products listed in that category.

You should then be able to edit that product by highlighting the product.

In regard to the prices not showing properly, the most common fault is when the english.php file has been alytered and the define ('language_currency .etc does not match your default currency.

Thanks for that flapjack! I can now edit the products. But I can't seem to figure out the problem with the prices not showing correctly. I haven't altered the english.php file (that I am aware of) and my language is set to English and my default currency is set to AUD. I am an absolute beginner though, so not sure how to check the english.php file. I am just learning as I go.

Cool. One prob out of the way.

I am guessing that you want Aussie Dollars as your default currency in admin.

Do you know how to do this?

What you need to make sure of is that the currency code on the default currency is AUD,

Also, in includes>languages>english.php in the define I mentioned also reflects the following

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'AUD');

You should find it at about line 41

Cannot find a way of including a screenshot unfortunately.

Cool. One prob out of the way.

I am guessing that you want Aussie Dollars as your default currency in admin.

Do you know how to do this?

What you need to make sure of is that the currency code on the default currency is AUD,

Also, in includes>languages>english.php in the define I mentioned also reflects the following

You should find it at about line 41

Cannot find a way of including a screenshot unfortunately.

Yep, I have set the currency code on the default currency in admin to AUD. And in the includes>languages>english.php file I found this:

// languages box text in includes/boxes/languages.php

define('BOX_HEADING_LANGUAGES', 'Languages');

// currencies box text in includes/boxes/currencies.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CURRENCIES', 'Currencies');

Just not sure where to add (LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'AUD'), if you could highlight where I need to add it that would be great, and also do I type it exactly as you have? Thank you so much for all your help. :thumbsup:

Here is a copy of my english.php file.

The define you have to look for is right near the top, just under the date/time format.

Also, if you need it, the date/time settings I have there change the format from US style format to us Aussie's format.

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d.%m.%Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A, %d. %B %Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'd.m.Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'd.m.Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date()
define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');

////
// Return date in raw format
// $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
// raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
function tep_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) {
if ($reverse) {
return substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 6, 4);
} else {
return substr($date, 6, 4) . substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 0, 2);
}
}

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

Here is a copy of my english.php file.

The define you have to look for is right near the top, just under the date/time format.

Also, if you need it, the date/time settings I have there change the format from US style format to us Aussie's format.

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d.%m.%Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A, %d. %B %Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'd.m.Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'd.m.Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date()
define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');

////
// Return date in raw format
// $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
// raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
function tep_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) {
if ($reverse) {
return substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 6, 4);
} else {
return substr($date, 6, 4) . substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 0, 2);
}
}

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

It worked! WoooHooo :thumbsup: Can't thank you enough for all your help, much appreciated. Have a good one.

Archived