• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS issue on this reinstall

jacenstuff

Ok, so from all my yelps and screams for help, you guys probably know that my store wigged out when I added a contrib and I am trying to start over fresh. When I originally put my store up(first time dealing with OSC), Everything was running really smooth, only thing I needed to do was add product and customize with contribs to suit the product I was selling. I was kinda chuckling as well as curious as to why people were having issues shipping problems. My thought was, "It could only be broken if you were messing with it". So now here I am on this re-install, and I'm testing everything before I start adding my product, I messed with NOTHING except a contrib to pop_image.php and I'm having shipping issues while placing dummy orders. Shipping options of flatrate sometimes shows up. But i don't care about that as I won't be using flatrate. Right now I'll ONLY be using USPS. I entered my USPS accoutn information as I had before when I setup the original store.... but it will not show up under shipping options. I'm only asked for comments, if any, then to proceed with purchasing the product! WTF?! the total is only on the product and it's tax, btw it doesn't even state tax in the reciept it merely says " : $.72" What could possibly be going on? my account info has not changed, it's the same setup as before... and yet it does not work?

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

Dude, WTF?! I'm not happy now. Why is a friggin' plain install, no mods not displaying product images in admin, not showing ANY customer shipping methods on the front end(when two are clearly configured and accoutn info for the services are correct), and then OSC intermittenly "breaks" a header image?! What could possibly be the issue? If I do have to reinstall....IF I do, how do I properly backup EVERYTHING, i've modified so far? a simple copy of the entire directory would be silly, because i'd be overwriting the clean install with this broken version when I do the copyover. Any ideas, I'm heavily stressed out right now, My goal was to launch by the end of this week, and now all my work is basically in shambles. I just wanted a store that worked seamlessly for my customers.

p.s. BACKUP!

So USPS moved me to the production server, thats great. but shipping still will NOT work on my store. can anybody help?

p.s. BACKUP!

Holy Schmokes! I fixed it! I downloaded a USPS contrib , figured that might work... but it seemed to be the same, and it didn't change the checkout problem, but then I selected NONE for the whole shipping zone thing.... then all of a sudden ALL these options showed up in checkout, flat rate, priority, express...and prices for each. phwew, FINALLY i can continue.....if only the product images would show up in admin though :(

p.s. BACKUP!

Archived