• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Everybody can log in to my Administrator panel

mariush

Hello!

I just installed shop and I noticed that everybody can log in to my administrator panel. Somebody put address to browser www.mysite.com/catalog/admin/index.php and that person is logged like a administrator. How can I protect my admin panel. Should I remove that file? and if i would to log in like administrator I put that file on server?

Please help me because I dont have any idea how to solve that problem.

You need to password protect your admin directory. You should have an option to do it in your host's control panel.

I installed shop from administration panel of my hosting provider but there was a problem. I couldnt add pictures of products . So I installed it manually. Should I go to administration panel of my hosting provider and activate shop again? Now it is not activated in control panel of hosting provider.

How can I make password protective of directory with logging file. Sorry for that and my English but I dont know how can I protect that directory. In my opinion I should add something to file .htaccess but I don't know what should I add. Please let me know. It is very importatnt for me.

Archived