• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

orders?

Sabrina767

:blush: Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it takes for an order to appear under the order section. I just received a notification that a customer placed an order and paid me through paypal. I went to the site to check the order so I could attend to it, and there is no order listed. Thecustomer is registered as being a customer, but if you click on their name and check order, there is nothing there. Then I went to the left paine to check orders, and clicked on orders and it is not there. It has been about an hour since I noticed I received a paypal payment. Can anyone assist? Thanks.

Orders are immediate.

What version of the PayPal module are you using? If it is the default, then it is possible the user did not return to your site from PayPal and thus the order wasn't stored.

This can be determined by looking at the orders table in PHPMyAdmin.

Download and install the PayPal IPN contribution.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Orders are immediate.

What version of the PayPal module are you using? If it is the default, then it is possible the user did not return to your site from PayPal and thus the order wasn't stored.

This can be determined by looking at the orders table in PHPMyAdmin.

Download and install the PayPal IPN contribution.

Forgive my ignorance, but where is PHPMyAdmin? I don't even see that.

thanks.

Sabrina

PHPMyAdmin is a web-based application that is used to interact with MySQL and is not part of osCommerce.

PHPMyAdmin is usually found in your web server account's control panel within the database management area.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Just as another route ....

Although I have PayPal IPN contribution installed, I couldn't get it to work, so I am using the default PayPal module that came with the cart.

To solve the issue of orders not showing up, I went into my PayPal account, clicked on Profile, and in the right most column, there is Payment Receiving preferences link. click that. Enter in whatever page on your site you want your customer to return after paying via PayPayl. This is usually the checkout_success.php file or similar.

I tested this several times and each time, the customer was automatically returned to my shop.

Now, there is always that chance that people will just ignore all notices that they must return to your shop in order to have their order logged and they will close the paypal screen right away after paying. For those times, install the Master password contribution which allows you to log into your customers cart to view their order.

Hope that helps you out.

Now, there is always that chance that people will just ignore all notices that they must return to your shop in order to have their order logged and they will close the paypal screen right away after paying. For those times, install the Master password contribution which allows you to log into your customers cart to view their order.

You could also install the Held Orders contribution, which stores the actual order before the user goes to the PayPal site.

Archived