• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register globals contribution help

sackling

Hello,

I needed to install the register globals contribution to my shopping cart as my server did not allow them to be enabled.

I manually edited all the files but now I am having problems.

firstly in admin I am getting these 2 error:

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.flagpole/user/mydomain.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 133

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/.flagpole/user/mydomain.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 133

secondly in the catalog all I am seeing is this when accessing the shopping cart in any way:

Languages

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

what could i do to fix this? thanks,

Robert

The line on 133 is

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . $current_page);

I also tried simply deleting that line which took away the error. however the various links in the admin still have the _ which I believe mean they are not defined correctly? Also I am not able to click on the categories in the catalog to exapnd them. so clearly things are not right.

• 2 months later...

SOLVED:

I had the same errors:

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.flagpole/user/mydomain.com/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 133

and

Error!
Unable to determine the page link!

in my admin section.

The first error was happening because of this statement

$current_page = basename($PHP_SELF);

in admin/application_top.php.

$PHP_SELF is returning NULL. We need to populate this variable for oscommerce to work.

To fix the first error, I changed the above statement to

$current_page = basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);

and to fix the second, I added just below it:

$PHP_SELF = basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);

Hope this helps. B)

Btw:

I am using the register globals contribution with Oscpro instead of Oscommerce and I am hosted at Interland (now web.com) on a linux shared server. This should work in Oscommerce since both are basically the same, but no promises.

Archived