• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Hello,

I am new at this and am having the following problem with the ot_discount_coupon_code_1.4

I have uploaded all the files, ran the SQL, when I click on anything in the admin page, I get a "page cannot be found error" THe site is still up but I can't access anything in the Admin section. Please help. Otherwise it was a smooth simple installation. I also installed the coupon.php fix but still same error.

in admin/coupons.php find this code

tep_db_query($sql = "insert into " . TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . " (
				coupons_id,
				coupons_description,
				coupons_discount_percent,
				date_start,
				date_end,
				max_use,
				min_order)

Change to this

tep_db_query($sql = "insert into " . TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . " (
				coupons_id,
				coupons_description,
				coupons_discount_percent,
				date_start,
				date_end,
				max_use,
				min_order,
				number_available)

The number available is missing from the indert command

Hope that helps

Regards

Mark

Thanks crash !!!! You are GREATEST !!!! Saluti dall'Italia

The installation on this contribution went smoothly. I am getting an error when I click the create coupon module under catalog in the admin section:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=' in /home/runwayfi/public_html/osc/admin/includes/languages/english/coupons.php on line 181

how to I resolve this?

Hi,

I am getting the same error that other people have got with the discount not showing in the checkout confirmation page... I already triple check that the Discount module has its own unique sort order and that doesnt work..

I installed v1.4

how can i fix this

The installation on this contribution went smoothly. I am getting an error when I click the create coupon module under catalog in the admin section:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=' in /home/runwayfi/public_html/osc/admin/includes/languages/english/coupons.php on line 181

how to I resolve this?

check the file admin/includes/languages/english/coupons.php for any typos

Revisit the install instructions for

admin/includes/languages/english/coupons.php

My guess is that you may have mixed up the install files. There should not be an "=" in this file, and it should not be anywhere near 180 lines long. It should only be around 35 lines long, and have a series of statements that look like this:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Discount Coupons');

define('TEXT_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_ID', 'Coupon Code:');
define('TEXT_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_ID_HINT', '(This is the code given to the customer.  Leave blank to generate a random code.)');
define('TEXT_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION', 'Description:');

etc.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I am getting the same error that other people have got with the discount not showing in the checkout confirmation page... I already triple check that the Discount module has its own unique sort order and that doesnt work..

I installed v1.4

What other contributions do you have installed, if any?

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

What other contributions do you have installed, if any?

Master Products, Admin Access with Levels, easypopulate, user tracking, header tags... none of these interfere with the checkout process..

I did have ccgv but i uninstalled it to install your contribution, since it looked a lot simpler.. and I DONT have fast easy checkout

Master Products, Admin Access with Levels, easypopulate, user tracking, header tags... none of these interfere with the checkout process..

I did have ccgv but i uninstalled it to install your contribution, since it looked a lot simpler.. and I DONT have fast easy checkout

I think Master Products affects the order class, which does affect the checkout process, and a change in that file would be what prevents the coupon from displaying in the confirmation. Can you PM or email me the code you have for:

includes/classes/order.php

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I think Master Products affects the order class, which does affect the checkout process, and a change in that file would be what prevents the coupon from displaying in the confirmation. Can you PM or email me the code you have for:

includes/classes/order.php

I just pm you my order.php, hope thats the problem

Just writing to say that the contribution is so nice - all of the problems I ran into when i put it into my code (and there really weren't very many) were actually my errors - overlooking the install of a file here or there, or running into truncated code, probably due to the back and forth ftp activity.

The delightful thing is this: installing this contribution and reading the thread taught me tons about how this mysterious store thing works. I bought a Php book, and am trying (in my spare time - - choking with laughter, here) to be more respsonsible as a user.

KGT - you have the patience of a saint, and you're briliant as well. Thank you for your on-going help, and your willingness to help us all. I know that you are doing it on your own time, and I think you are amazing.

Just wanted to say it -

Thank you.

I have added the contribution but I am receiving this error when trying to create the coupon.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Error Received:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into discount_coupons ( coupons_id, coupons_description, coupons_discount_percent, date_start, date_end, max_use, min_order) values ('test001', '10off', '.10', null, null, 1, 0, 0)

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for any suggestions provided.

Terry

Never mind....Issue resolved.

I just noticed there was an update fix for this posted.

I have added the contribution but I am receiving this error when trying to create the coupon.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Error Received:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into discount_coupons ( coupons_id, coupons_description, coupons_discount_percent, date_start, date_end, max_use, min_order) values ('test001', '10off', '.10', null, null, 1, 0, 0)

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for any suggestions provided.

Terry

I just installed this contribution and I am receiving the following error on checkout:

1146 - Table 'mylestones.TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS where coupons_id = 'radiopromo'

[TEP STOP]

Edited by bk24

I just installed this contribution and I am receiving the following error on checkout:

1146 - Table 'mylestones.TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS where coupons_id = 'radiopromo'

You missed a step in the installation:

catalog/includes/database_tables.php ------------------------------------------

add

//kgt - discount coupons

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS', 'discount_coupons');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS', 'discount_coupons_to_orders');

//end kgt - discount coupons

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

You missed a step in the installation:

Thaks! Now I am getting an error that says "the coupon code you have entered is not valid" in a red bar at the top of the page. Did I miss another step?

Thaks! Now I am getting an error that says "the coupon code you have entered is not valid" in a red bar at the top of the page. Did I miss another step?

You get that error message when the Coupon code you entered doesn't produce a match in the database table. A match is a coupon record that meets the following criteria:

1. The code entered on checkout_payment.php matches a coupon code in the database.

2. The start date for the matching code is either not set (unlimited) or it's a date today or in the past.

3. The end date for the matching code is either not set or is a date today or in the future.

Make sure the code you're entering has been created and that it has valid dates if the dates are set.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

You get that error message when the Coupon code you entered doesn't produce a match in the database table. A match is a coupon record that meets the following criteria:

1. The code entered on checkout_payment.php matches a coupon code in the database.

2. The start date for the matching code is either not set (unlimited) or it's a date today or in the past.

3. The end date for the matching code is either not set or is a date today or in the future.

Make sure the code you're entering has been created and that it has valid dates if the dates are set.

Here is what I have for the coupons in the admin:

Coupon Code: Discount: Start: End: Max Use: Min Order: Available:

bktest 10% 07/19/0006 07/25/0006 10 unlimited unlimited Info

radiopromo 20% 07/20/0006 07/28/0006 50 unlimited 50 Info

123test ( test coupon1 ) 5% 07/20/2006 07/27/2006 10 unlimited 50

I tried it with all three coupons and received the same error. ANy ideas?

Here is what I have for the coupons in the admin:

Coupon Code: Discount: Start: End: Max Use: Min Order: Available:

bktest 10% 07/19/0006 07/25/0006 10 unlimited unlimited Info

radiopromo 20% 07/20/0006 07/28/0006 50 unlimited 50 Info

123test ( test coupon1 ) 5% 07/20/2006 07/27/2006 10 unlimited 50

I tried it with all three coupons and received the same error. ANy ideas?

Well the first two have dates with year '0006'. I think we're well beyond that date. ;)

Are you sure you tried the third one and it gives you the exact same error?

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Nice contrib, at elast I think so, but i have an error coming up ebfore I can test it.

Says it's a parse error syntax error, unexpected $end in ../dweebweaver.com/shop/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 45

this is whats in the file:

// kgt - discount coupons

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a><br>' ) ;

// end kgt - discount coupons

line 45 is after <!-- catalog_eof // --> :

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

I don't know PHP so I have no clue what i'm looking at here, but i'd like not only a fix, but what the answer was so I can hunt for stuff like that in the future.

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

haha NEVERMIND. was missing a bracket! oh my... can't believe my idiocy sometimes.

p.s. BACKUP!

Ah, thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind. And if you're the guy who made it(i think you are, same letters), I really appreciate it was you who responded, I have not recieved any response from others who made contribs that I m having difficulty with. It is most appreciated.

p.s. BACKUP!

Do you have a modified header.php that does not contain some version of this code?

<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerInfo">
<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

If you have a template and have completely redone your includes/header.php, you might be missing this code. This contribution assumes the standard error message code works.

KGT -

My header.php doesn't have any of this code, so the people that built it for me must have modified and removed it - would it be possible for you to send me the header.php file you have so I can compare? Or if I can pass mine to you to check it OR if you have a different way I could display the error that doesn't have anything to do with the header.php file.... whatever would be easiest for you!

Thanks so much for your time and effort with this contribution and the help on the message board!