osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Was this problem ever resolved?

1) Hello, when i try to add an shipping zone exclusion, i have this message :

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO discount_coupons_to_zones VALUES

I used this function for the first time today, and got the same output.

Zones are configured (I have 5 setup, one none of them work, when selected as an exclusion option).

I get the same error as above.

This is a wonderful contribution. The only pity: it does not allow entering multiple discount codes in case a customer has more than one.

I need to give discounts for various reasons and need this possibility.

So I copied the entire module and changed all instances of coupon to coupon2 and coupons to coupons2.

It is installed nicely with no errors UNTIL I try to modify the coupon I created in section 2 (the new second module)

Maybe i missed something on my changes. A lot of double checking- anyone have any idea where the problem might be.

The code I create is in my sql table but does not get saved in admin.

And..........nothing gets calculated at checkout so maybe the code needs to be modified at checkout process to process the two together rather than separately. (or maybe this has to do with the first error)

I am not a php programmer so obviously copying the mod rather than rewriting is my only option.

I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this somehow. Would be nice for a lot of people who need to give special pricing to someone who may already have a discount to use.

Hi, I have recently tried installing ot_discount_coupon_codes_3_34_osc2.3_1_2_3 I followed all the installation instructions within the download file. I have managed to install the module but when I click on Discount Coupons, I cannot see anything but header tags, I've attached a screenshot... has anyone has this problem? Thanks, James

Link to screen shot http://cl.ly/1e1l2Z1a0j2o2z361t0U

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I am newbie and I am trying to find a way, to solve my problem.

I got shop and I add coupons. Problem is with: discount_coupons_to_products. If I add too many coupons, there is problem with buying. A lot of products, a lot of coupons and it makes a lot of "discount_coupons_to_products" (for example: 10 000 000). When someone is trying to buy product with coupon, there is problem. People can't finish orders.

Is there something I can do with it?

Hi all,

Looked through all pages and can't seem to see anything regarding the problem I've got.

I'm running 2.2RC2. Had discount coupons 3.34 (file from 19th Feb on contrib page).

This has been working perfectly for over 2 years now, then all of a sudden, I send out a discount code to existing customers and have been inundated with messages saying the discount doesn't work.

I have tried all existing codes and created new ones to test but nothing, it just goes to the next page on checkout and shows no discount and doesn't give any error message etc.

Nothing has been changed with my site for around 2 months and I know it has been working within the last month as I had a promotion on then.

Please can anyone offer any help? Could it be anything to do with changes on the server that the host may have made?

Thanks in advance all

Tearing my hair out with this one :)...

Discount Coupon Code is functioning properly and discount is applied on the invoice BUT Moneris/eSELECT still charges the customer the full amount

Any insight would be much, much appreciated

Hi, I have recently tried installing ot_discount_coupon_codes_3_34_osc2.3_1_2_3 I followed all the installation instructions within the download file. I have managed to install the module but when I click on Discount Coupons, I cannot see anything but header tags, I've attached a screenshot... has anyone has this problem? Thanks, James

Link to screen shot http://cl.ly/1e1l2Z1a0j2o2z361t0U

I tried clicking on the button and now this is showing http://cl.ly/37312V2b3k0Q2q3E3i1l

It looks like a simple problem but I'm new to the game and can't work out what's happened... or not happened

It looks like you both may have missed adding the language definitions somewhere

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am very new to the game here and am having difficulty. I am able to add coupon codes in the admin section but when I go to checkout I don't see an option to enter the discount code? Any insight on where I should be looking? My site is plain vanilla with no other mods.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have just started with osc and the whole php thing, so I guess I have made some small mistake somewhere. The thing is that I can add coupons that work and all that, but my admin page looks... well, not that good. The dot in the radio button does not move when I click something else, and there is no "check" mark when I push "Include discount code in the order info" or "Exclude specials".

Also, as the picture shows, the message boxes are quite small and only shows one option per box. You don't have to fix my upper right, those "buttons" work although it looks ugly, but those are only included if they can give a hint to what is causing this to look odd. And yes, I know that english is mixed with swedish there ;)

Oh, and I use the 3,2 verson of discount codes, and the new 2,3,2 of osc.

post-313766-0-85644800-1342879852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duroniel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I accidentally entered a big amount (1000%...) of discount on the coupon and now I cannot delete it or edit it.

Every time I try I get the attached error.

Any one has an idea how can I delete it?

Thnak you!

post-307638-0-00731200-1343731138_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I wrote a note last week on the forum but haven't received an answer yet.

Could someone please help me with my issue?

I accidentally entered a big amount (1000%...) of discount on the coupon and now I cannot delete it or edit it.

Every time I try I get the error:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/gtalit8/public_html/gabrieli/coupons_exclusions.php on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gtalit8/public_html/gabrieli/coupons_exclusions.php:76) in /home/gtalit8/public_html/gabrieli/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

Do you have an idea how can I delete the coupon?

Thank you!

I attached a copy of the error in the previous message.

Use phpMyAdmin and in your database you should find a table called "discount_codes" that will open a list of all discount codes you made, delete the row with the discount code you want to get rid of.

Find this post helpful? Click the 'Like this' button. :)

I have a tax calculation problem with different tax rates (Germany).

It occurs if a customer applies a fixed discount (prices alaways incl. taxes im Germany) e.g. of 5 Euro.

If all ordered products are at 19% VAT everything works fine, but if there's one or more products with reduced VAT (7%)

the coupon is nor more at 5 Euro but at e.g. 4.20 Euro.

Has anyone a solution for that problem???

I can easily upload all the files to the server however, I noticed the instructions say " If you have made any changes to code or installed any other contributions, you should manually edit the existing files." The only module I have installed is the authorize.net AIM module. Everything else came with OSC v2.3.1 by default. Will all the existing file edits be made automatically by installing the Discount Coupons module? I just don't want to mess with making all those edits if I don't have to. Thanks for any help.

Hello,

I am trying to get Discount Code to work on my site. I have been able to get the sales procedure to see the new files and it even can see and test to see if it is a good code (see image "discout_code01.jpg).

Unfortunately, I get the following error message when the Continue button is pressed.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_FUNCTION in /hermes/waloraweb096/b499/as.cccm/store_02/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php on line 65

I also get this message in the Admin panel when I try to edit this module (see "discout_code02.jpg).

I can't get in to the module and change the sort order.

Any suggestions?

post-314033-0-40482800-1345052725_thumb.jpg

post-314033-0-92641400-1345053901_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI to anyone struggling with paypal IPN, remember to make changes to ext/modules/payment/ipn.php! :)

Or not! Ah phooey. I changed it on my test server and it was fine, changed it on a live shop, nothing. It just doesn't pass the discount to PayPal, which is fine when I don't want people using the code to be able to pay by PayPal, lol, but otherwise, not clever :(

Edited by trogette

Hello Everybody, this must be easy (for you)...

I installed on OSC 2.3.1 this great contribution, following the instruction.

Now I go to Admin, Order Total and I see there are 2 modules ready to be installed, when I click on the button the following message appear:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_discount_coupon in /..../includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 13

It has probably something to do with languages, since I duplicated the english part in a german directory....

Any Hint?

Edited by davidedp