• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

I hope someone can help.

I have followed the installation instructions for Discount Code 2.6 for osCommerce 2.3.1 (full installation package)

And then I applied the update Discount Code update 2.9 for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

When I try to access Discount Codes under Admin->Catalog, I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'dc.customers_id' in 'field list'

select dc.discount_codes_id, dc.products_id, dc.categories_id, dc.manufacturers_id, dc.excluded_products_id, dc.customers_id, dc.orders_total, dc.order_info, dc.discount_codes, dc.discount_values, dc.minimum_order_amount, dc.expires_date, dc.number_of_orders, dc.number_of_use, dc.number_of_products, dc.status from discount_codes dc order by dc.discount_codes_id desc limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My problem is that on the /Admin-renamed/orders.php, the insertion of the debug script stops before it's done, and the end comment tag is never inserted. This essentially comments out the rest of the page.

Does anyone know anything that could even cause such behavior?

Thanks,

Walter

From /Admin-renamed/orders.php

<td align="right" colspan="8"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
   for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
     echo '              <tr>' . "\n" .
          '                <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '                <td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '              </tr>' . "\n";
   }
?>
           </table></td>

Online output from /Admin-renamed/orders.php

<td align="right" colspan="8"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">Sub-Total:</td>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">$12.49</td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">Discount Coupon Laura applied:</td>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">-$1.25

<!-- Discount Coupons DEBUG
order Object
(
   [info] => Array
       (
           [order_status] => 1
           [currency] => USD
           [currency_value] => 1.00000000
           [payment_method] => PayPal (including Credit Cards and De</td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">United States Postal Service (1 x 5oz) (First Class Mail: Estimated 1 - 5 Days):</td>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">$2.24</td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
               <td align="right" class="smallText">Total:</td>
               <td align="right" class="smallText"><b>$13.48</b></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

Hi I have a problem and don't seem to be able to find an answer in the forum

I have DCC v3.34 (Español)installed (plus a slight mod to stop products getting duplicated on the checkout page)

DCC works fine for % and Fixed amount discounts but only for PRODUCTS not Excluded

My store sells groceries so logically

I have four products that are Stella Artois

All Stella Artois products are under the manufacturer BMP

All of BMP's products are in the category The Bar Subcategory Beers

If I exclude Nothing from CATEGORY, Nothing from MANUFACTURER and Exclude everything apart from the 4 Stella Artois products from PRODUCTS, then the discount works perfectly

However, suppose I want to do a discount of BMP products with a manufactuer discount

I exclude Nothing from CATEGORY, Nothing from PRODUCTS and Everything apart from BMP from MANUFACTURER then that doesn't work

Obviously the products from BMP are not listed under any other manufacturer, that is not possible

So the only way that I can discount all of the products of BMP is to manually add all of their products to the left side of the PRODUCTS exclusions and exclude everything else.

DCC seems to offer the ability to offer discounts by category and manufacturer but mine won't work. If that funcionality is not possible then surely the MANUFACTURER and CATEGORY exclusions are extraneous.

My coupon is 10% discount, but when I try and apply it only to a category or manufacturer then at checkout OSC doesn't give me an error message for the coupon code but nothing gets discounted on the checkout page.

Has anyone else experienced this? I hope there is a simple fix

Thanks

OK ignore the above message

Manufacturer discounts were not working because I was testing them with products that didn't have a manufacturer assigned Duh!

Beer discounts were not working because I had excluded the subcategory beer but not the main category

All working fine!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems with this cont....

I have installed and resinstalled, checked everythink over and over but I can't find it....

I use version:Discount Coupon Codes 3.34

and oscommerce: 2.2

As of what I can see is that it is working for example:

when entering a wrong code I get the error message. So I assume that till so far it is working great!

But now moving on to the next screen there is no discount or anything. I can't see it is added in the sub total nor in the total amount.... What am I doing wrong? debug mode isn't that mutch of a option becouse it isn't showing any error.... Also checkt the checkout_confirmation.php dubble but I can't find it. Can anyone help me ? what should I post here(of my php scripts)?

still open, where is the support!!?!

Frankly: anyone got this fully working in 2.3.1?

I installed this (version2.6) and tried any combination of parameters in the admin panel... but the amount of discount isn´t shown anywhere.

Even when I put in a wrong discount code, there is no warning or message that it is wrong.

I have paying by paypal in my shop only, so there even IS no payment confirmation page.

It just jumps to paypal and the discount is not affecting anything.

Any help from this forum?

Kindly,

Kainer

Edited by kainer

I have seen there is a fix for this for other coupon code addons (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269 paypal express fix), so there must be a solution.

Please can anyone of this php-knowledgebase take one minute of his/her time and give me a helping hand with the problem that the shop transfer the wrong amount to paypal?

• 2 weeks later...

Please Help .. I have added this contribution Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.31 and use my store for downloads only, since I have added this all my old ads when purchased return a error, all my new ads work, can someone help me fix this asap, I don't want ot redo 2000 ads please and thank you ... here is my error as seen by my customers:

1054 - Unknown column 'delivery_date' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, delivery_date, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from orders where orders_id = '519'

Please help me, I'm desperate ... Thank you

Ok here is an update, I did some editing as per this forum : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/371670-1054-unknown-column-delivery-date-in-field-list/page__p__1582264__fromsearch__1#entry1582264 and now the customer gets directed back to there download which is agood step inthe right direction ... but now when you log into your order history and choose to view one of your orders you now get this message:

1054 - Unknown column 'delivery_date' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, delivery_date, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from orders where orders_id = '523'

[TEP STOP]

again I need help and I'm willing to pay as this stuff is way over my head, please message me

I am new to OSCommece and would appreciate it if someone could assist me with the following problem. I cant find the code on line 269 in my checkout_payment.php file.

Any help will be highly appeciated

Regards

Vaughn Fisher

OPEN catalog/checkout_payment.php

FIND on line 269:

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></h2>

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?>

</div>

<?php ADD this code after:

/* kgt - discount coupons */

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true' ) {

?>

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COUPON; ?></h2>

</div>

<?php echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON.' '.tep_draw_input_field('coupon', '', 'size="32"', $coupon); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

/* end kgt - discount coupons */

I am new to OSCommece and would appreciate it if someone could assist me with the following problem. I cant find the code on line 269 in my checkout_payment.php file.

Any help will be highly appeciated

Regards

Vaughn Fisher

Hi Vaughn,

the inserted section starts at line 335 in my checkout_payment.php. I'm on 2.2RCa.

HTH

Wiljo

Yes I finally had to break down and hire someone to fix my issues, they charged me 75.00 for an hours worth of work and belive me it was well worth it .. good luck

RecRepairInfo, would you be able to provide the contact information of the developer that fixed your issues?

Thomas Overton

outside links in signatures are not allowed, please read the forum rules again.

I have the Discount Coupon Codes installed on my osCommerce store and it is functioning perfectly.

However, we would like to run a promotion for 50% of ONLY ONE of our products. Currently, I do not see a way to do this with Discount Coupon Codes -- we can apply a 50% discount to the entire order total, or a fixed amount off the order total or shipping total.

Does anyone know a workaround, modification, or another contribution that could achieve a 50% discount only on a single item in the online store?

Thanks for your help.

RecRepairInfo, would you be able to provide the contact information of the developer that fixed your issues?

its one of the oscommerce sponsors: www.systemsmanager.net ... good luck

Hi Every body

Recently I was transfering my website to a new hosting company. I was doing some testing on it. but I found the discount coupon codes does not working as expected. When the user input a non existing coupon code, and click on continue, it will redirect to login page, and if you try to login again, it won;t work.

As expected, there should be a red err message on the top that should display.

Could anyone shed some lights on this? any one experienced this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help with a bug with using the Discount codes Add-on with PayPal standard payments.

I want to give a free shipping discount (shipping is usually £4.79 flat rate)

When the coupon is used and then paypal standard payments is used, if the order is for less than the coupon value (1.99 for example), paypal gives this error:

'The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.'

I think it is because the subtotal is a negative number (ie 1.99 - 4.79).

any idea how to fix this? I have seen this issue has come up before (with paypal express and IPN modules), but can't find a fix for the paypal standard payments module.

Thanks a lot!

Steve

http://toolsaplenty.com/

I hope someone can help.

I have followed the installation instructions for Discount Code 2.6 for osCommerce 2.3.1 (full installation package)

And then I applied the update Discount Code update 2.9 for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

When I try to access Discount Codes under Admin->Catalog, I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'dc.customers_id' in 'field list'

select dc.discount_codes_id, dc.products_id, dc.categories_id, dc.manufacturers_id, dc.excluded_products_id, dc.customers_id, dc.orders_total, dc.order_info, dc.discount_codes, dc.discount_values, dc.minimum_order_amount, dc.expires_date, dc.number_of_orders, dc.number_of_use, dc.number_of_products, dc.status from discount_codes dc order by dc.discount_codes_id desc limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you went directly from 2.6 to 2.9 then that is a problem.

Each update needs to be installed, in order. The error you are getting is due to not applying the 2.7 update where the table is altered to contain the new column.

I hope this helps...also, I believe this thread is for the other 'Discount Coupon Codes' and not 'Discount Code' module the one done by the high quality php guys...of which I think you are installing.

The problem I am having is with the order total not adding up correctly.

I have Tax (Vat) on all products; everything is fine on the order totals until some uses a discount coupon.

I also have an order total mod installed called sub-total excl Tax .

What seems to be happening is the sub total including tax is right but the sub to excluding tax is wrong the discount amount is right, but the tax is also wrong. as I say this only happens when a discount coupon is used.

See example

Sub-Total: £114.68 (Correct)

Sub-Total excluding Vat: £98.76 (Should be £95.57)

Discount 20% applied: -£19.11 (correct)

UK Vat 20%: £15.93 (Should be £15.29)

Total: £95.57 (Should be £91.75)

Can anyone please help