• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

This is a long shot as I've been using a fairly old version of this contribution but have only just hit a new problem.

I've been using this contribution alongside 3for2 using a fixed discount regularly without a problem. However, I've introduced a Percentage discount and have now found that the following happens:

Say you have 3 items @ $10 in the cart. 3for2 takes $10 off, but the 10% discount still applies to the overall total - it is ignoring the fact that $10 has already been discounted, so it is calculating as follows:

3 * $10 = $30

3 for 2 = -$10

10% Discount = $3 (should be $2 instead of $3)

I need the discount to apply to the sub-total after the 3for2 module. Changing the sort order of the order total modules doesn't fix the problem. I'm not sure which of the modules is causing the problem, but any help would be appreciated.

This contribution has nothing to do with the catalog/admin/login.php page has nothing to do with this contribution. I suspect however that your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file is not correct. Try to navigate directly to login url for your store http://yourstore.com/catalog/admin/login.php for example and see what happens. If you do not get a 404 take a look at your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and see if any thing is messed up in there as far as the directory constants are concerned. Another place to look is filenames.php file, as it is entirely possible that the FILENAME_LOGIN constant is not properly defined. If you do get a 404 however, then ftp in and see if the login.php files is even present on the server.

From the message you provided I suspect that filenames.php and/or the configure.php file(s) have some constants not correctly defined and specifically the FILENAME_LOGIN constant simply isn't defined at all. Do tell what you find out.

-Jason

Could you have possibly used the catalog/login.php page instead of the catalog/admin/login.php page. You might have to find an original catalog/admin/login.php page if you overwrote it with the catalog/login.php page. Follow? It just happened to me.

Sorry, but I don't think I noticed, but did anyone find out how to get this to run with One Page Checkout?

Did you get it to work properly? I'm having a hard time with the subtotal. It applies the discount coupon to the subtotal twice. If anyone knows the fix for this please post it here.

Thanks,

rob

I have just installed the addon and i hope is as good as some are saying. my problem is this when i go into my admin area and click on calaog no label for coupons is showing up. you help on this would be great.

:thumbsup:

DJ

I have just installed the addon and i hope is as good as some are saying. my problem is this when i go into my admin area and click on calaog no label for coupons is showing up. you help on this would be great.

fixed but now i have a red bar show up telling me that the code i entered is not valid i have read the current forum and can not see simlar problem am i9nto my 5 hour with my web site fixing bugs so may have missed it.

DJ

fixed but now i have a red bar show up telling me that the code i entered is not valid i have read the current forum and can not see simlar problem am i9nto my 5 hour with my web site fixing bugs so may have missed it.

all fixed

just need to remove the minus in front of the discount now

DJ

all fixed

just need to remove the minus in front of the discount now

DJ

That is an option in your Admin panel under Modules - Order Total - Display discount with minus (-) sign?

Cheers,

Rob

P.S.

Now if someone could help me with my problem with One Page Checkout and Discount Coupon Codes working together that would be nice.

That is an option in your Admin panel under Modules - Order Total - Display discount with minus (-) sign?

Cheers,

Rob

P.S.

Now if someone could help me with my problem with One Page Checkout and Discount Coupon Codes working together that would be nice.

Thanks rob now how do i get it to add up right it will not subtract the discount can you help.

Thanks DJ

Has anybody out there got this contribution to work with One Page Checkout? It works for me but the math is all messed up with coupons.

Rob

hi

check out the new version of one page checkout,

it include the actualized code for Discount Coupon Codes too

work fine but one issue for me : to limit the use of coupons,

limit.gif

look at the screenshot, i set a limit of 1 use and 1 global coupon but i can use it with no limit !!!!

i've been looking the code for hours, and i can't understand why the limit can't work!!!

please help

thanks all

///

Hi everybody!..

First of all, i would like to thank you for this discount coupon code system, who ever made it. now for problem i'm having: I'm establishing new e-shop in finland. and i've pretty much choosen all add-ons i want to add to my website, but i'm having small problem with discount coupon code system.

Everything works fine untill payment option, when "customer" is supposed to pay his shoping in for example finnish bank system, the discounted price doesn't affect in final price.. any helps?.. i think it's similar problem to paypal system?!?!

i'm using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a, and as a discount coupon code system v3.34

any help please?..

Hi,

Bit of a long shot but...I had discount coupons 2.1 working fine on one site (updated with RC2.1 and most of RC2). I've copied the site and installed Paypal IPN v1.4. All seems to work fine on the order front and applying the discount to the order totals. However, if the min order for the coupon is say £10 and the order is below that instead of the usual error message across the top it goes back to the cart. It then will only proceed once you've added enough products to ge tot the min order. trouble is there are no messages or anything so the user has no idea whats going on. I disabled paypal ipn and it still doesn't work using cheque as the payment option.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :)

A quick follow up - I tried to simply not call the payment module if the order->info{'total'} = 0 - but interesting enough, it now does not evaluate the reply from authorize for any purchase, which means I can purchase with a bad card and it will look like the order went through, not a good idea either. >_<

it's pretty late for this response, but i got the same error. i made a quick fix that may prove further errors in the future. it runs a conditional in checkout_confirm.php (see below)

first locate the conditional that starts with

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {

modify it so it looks like the following

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {
# modification to pass 100% discount coupons so authorize.net does not deny it. 5/2/2010
if($order->info['total'] > 0){
# end mod
   $form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;
# modification to pass 100% discount coupons so authorize.net does not deny it. 5/2/2010
}else{
$form_action_url = '[https or http]://[root directory of your catalog]/checkout_process.php';
}
#end mod
 } else {

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

}

All you need to do is choose whether you use https or http on your checkout_process.php file and replace [root directory of your catalog] with the website and directory your catalog resides in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if anybody managed to use discount coupons with TVA INTRACOM contrib because on my site, when no VAT is added (pro customer in EC), no coupon is applied.... I read posts from figurez and kgt but they didn't solve the problem...

Coiuld anybody help me ?

HI,

I have added this add-on to my Test site and everything is working ok except when I did a test order the option to use a coupon doesn't exist at the order confirmation screen.

Am I missing something?

It isn't on the confirmation page - it is on the checkout_payment.php page.

HI,

I have added this add-on to my Test site and everything is working ok except when I did a test order the option to use a coupon doesn't exist at the order confirmation screen.

Am I missing something?

~Tracy

Use a file comparison tool (a free one is winmerge) and check all of your checkout_*.php files with the ones included in the contribution. You might be missing a bit of code that carries the coupon information from one page to the next during the checkout process.

Everything in the admin area seems to show correctly and even on the checkout payment page but when it goes to the checkout confirmation page it doesn't include or show my discount. Any suggestions?

My website is http://lindinfloors.com/

~Tracy

Use a file comparison tool (a free one is winmerge) and check all of your checkout_*.php files with the ones included in the contribution. You might be missing a bit of code that carries the coupon information from one page to the next during the checkout process.

There is no option at any stage to enter the coupon code.

I have gone through everything twice and can't see where I have gone wrong??

This is very frustrating. :-(

It isn't on the confirmation page - it is on the checkout_payment.php page.

I can't see it anywhere on the payment page either. There is no option at all to add the coupon code.

I have been through everything twice and can't see what I have missed.

I can't see it anywhere on the payment page either. There is no option at all to add the coupon code.

I have been through everything twice and can't see what I have missed.

This is my Checkout_payment.php file. I am assuming it is within this file that the error has occured but can't see where.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_payment.php,v 1.113 2003/06/29 23:03:27 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID

if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {

if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

}

}

// Stock Check

if ( (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') ) {

$products = $cart->get_products();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity'])) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

break;

}

}

}

// if no billing destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default

if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {

tep_session_register('billto');

$billto = $customer_default_address_id;

} else {

// verify the selected billing address

$check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$billto . "'");

$check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {

$billto = $customer_default_address_id;

if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_unregister('payment');

}

}

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

// load all enabled payment modules

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

$payment_modules = new payment;

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript"><!--

var selected;

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {

if (!selected) {

if (document.getElementById) {

selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');

} else {

selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];

}

}

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';

object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';

selected = object;

// one button is not an array

if (document.checkout_payment.payment[0]) {

document.checkout_payment.payment[buttonSelect].checked=true;

} else {

document.checkout_payment.payment.checked=true;

}

}

function rowOverEffect(object) {

if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';

}

function rowOutEffect(object) {

if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';

}

//--></script>

<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_payment.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); ?></b></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBoxNotice">

<tr class="infoBoxNoticeContents">

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main" width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<tr>

<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?><br><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" width="50%" valign="top"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo TITLE_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_south_east.gif'); ?></td>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<?php

$selection = $payment_modules->selection();

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></td>

<td class="main" width="50%" valign="top" align="right"><b><?php echo TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_east_south.gif'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" width="100%" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

$radio_buttons = 0;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($selection); $i<$n; $i++) {

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

if ( ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment) || ($n == 1) ) {

echo ' <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";

} else {

echo ' <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";

}

?>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></b></td>

<td class="main" align="right">

<?php

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {

echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);

} else {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);

}

?>

</td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

if (isset($selection[$i]['error'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $selection[$i]['error']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

} elseif (isset($selection[$i]['fields']) && is_array($selection[$i]['fields'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="4"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

$radio_buttons++;

}

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

/* kgt - discount coupons */

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true' ) {

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COUPON; ?></b></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON.' '.tep_draw_input_field('coupon', '', 'size="32"'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

}

/* end kgt - discount coupons */

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE . '</b><br>' . TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE; ?></td>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<tr>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

<tr>

<td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>

<td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Hopefully this information is helpful for some. If you were/are like me and have spent hours pouring over code trying to figure out why this contribution isn't working these are a couple of things to look at...

1. If you have the Seperate Pricing per Group contribution, make sure you have the box checked for each group you want to offer coupons on the Admin/Customers/Customer Groups page. I didn't even realize this was an option till after about 4 days of beating my head on the desk and then accidently coming across that little tidbit.

2. When you create a coupon make sure you have entered the year correctly. e.g. if your date looks like '05/01/0010' then your new coupon will not work. Make sure your date looks like '05/01/2010'.

3. And finally, I know this has been mentioned many times before but make sure that Coupon Codes has a distinctive sort order. I have mine set at '1'.

Once again, hopefully this is helpful for some. This contribution works perfectly for me now and I have several contribtutions installed.

Mike

Hopefully this information is helpful for some. If you were/are like me and have spent hours pouring over code trying to figure out why this contribution isn't working these are a couple of things to look at...

1. If you have the Seperate Pricing per Group contribution, make sure you have the box checked for each group you want to offer coupons on the Admin/Customers/Customer Groups page. I didn't even realize this was an option till after about 4 days of beating my head on the desk and then accidently coming across that little tidbit.

2. When you create a coupon make sure you have entered the year correctly. e.g. if your date looks like '05/01/0010' then your new coupon will not work. Make sure your date looks like '05/01/2010'.

3. And finally, I know this has been mentioned many times before but make sure that Coupon Codes has a distinctive sort order. I have mine set at '1'.

Once again, hopefully this is helpful for some. This contribution works perfectly for me now and I have several contribtutions installed.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I don't have the seperate Pricing on my site.

I didn't put a start or end date on the coupon and finally had a 'unique' sort order for the coupon codes.

Still no luck.

But thanks for the info.