• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

I also want to be able to do this. I want to give a discount coupon that gives a free download. Fine if they purchase something in addition. But, if they only want to redeem the one coupon, and their total is $0, then they still have to enter a credit card. I want to be able to bypass the credit card requirement if the total is zero.

I've searched high and low and cannot find a contribution that meets this need. I searched again today based on your suggestion that there is an addon that does this, but haven't found it.

Do you know what contribution / add-on will do this? Bypass the payment part of checkout if the total, after discount, is zero?

I tried:

I think 3747 was the one I had used in the dim dark past. Haven't been near it for ages, so don't know sorry.

Wouldn't be too hard for you to code up though - perhaps fixing 3747 might be worth doing.

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

I have a problem: 'Your calculated shipping charges have changed.'

Background:

My order is $53.

The coupon is $10 for any order.

The table rate is set to

- $5 shipping below $50, and

- $0 (free) shipping above $50.

What I do and what happens:

checkout_payment.php: I enter the coupon code.

It sends me back to:

checkout_shipping.php: 'Your calculated shipping charges have changed.'

Yet, the table rate still shows $0 shipping, so I am back at the beginning.

Obviously, the coupon does not get remembered back on the shipping page, therefore the total is still the old and the shipping module does not recalc the shipping fee.

The total still is $53 and the shipping shows $0.

I should have Amount $53 - Discount $10 = Subtotal $43+ shipping $5 = Total $47.

Should I configure something differently or is this a (known) bug?

I have version 3.33 installed.

As i suspected here, the problem in this case seems to be that the subtotal doesn't change in my case when the discount is applied. so we need to check $order->info['total'] and not $order->info['subtotal'] in includes/modules/shipping/zones.php around line 140.

The shipping charges are then recalculated correctly according to the new order total (not subtotal).

Tax calculation seems to be correct and I will need to see if payment modules will complain ;)

Also if you'd like zone based shpping based on price (instead of weight), just change includes/modules/shipping/zones.php around line 40:

if ($shipping_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) {

becomes

if ($order->info['total'] <= $zones_table[$i]) {

of course you will also need to check in is_recalc_shipping() of discount_coupons.php and add the block

//JM: check if zone rate shipping has changed
     if( strtolower(MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_STATUS) == 'true' ) {
       include( DIR_WS_LANGUAGES.$language.'/modules/shipping/zone.php' );

// from zone shipping quote()
       for ($i=1; $i<=6; $i++) { // HARDCODING ]:->
         $countries_table = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i);
         $country_zones = split(",", $countries_table);
         if (in_array($order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'], $country_zone\
s)) {
           $dest_zone = $i;
           break;
         }
       }

if ($dest_zone == 0) {
         DIE('error determining shipping zone for coupon calc');
       } else {
         $shipping = -1;
         $zones_cost = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COST_' . $dest_zone);
         $zones_table = split("[:,]" , $zones_cost);
         for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($zones_table); $i+=2) {
           if ($order->info['total'] <= $zones_table[$i]) {
             $shipping = $zones_table[$i+1];
             break;
           }
         }
         if( $order->info['shipping_cost'] != $shipping ) { //if the discount \
changes the total (implicitly the total must been lowered by DISCOUNT coupons, \
therefore we just check the change)
           return true;
         }

}
     }

(as I said before, make just to adjust for subtotal/total check, depending on your config)

have fun.

Edited by jmroth

Hi!

I have installed ot_discount_coupon_codes_3_34 in my oscommerce site.

I can create coupons and generate an order... and the discount is generated. But in checkout_confirmation.php I don´t see the discount in the BILLING TABLE...

I mean, I have, for example:

Subtotal: $405.00

IVA 21%: $64.05

Manejo de Envío: $10.00

Total: $379.05

So as you see it´s making a $ 100 discount... but I dont see the line that should explain it... I should see:

Subtotal: $405.00

Discount: $100

IVA 21%: $64.05

Manejo de Envío: $10.00

Total: $379.05

How can I fix it? Which is the variable that I should use in checkout_confirmation.php so I can use it?

Thanks!!

Francisco

Is it possible at all to have completely free order as well as shipping. So whatever the order is, the total will always be zero? I figure I could make a coupon with a -9999999 amount but I disallowed negative totals cause I'm afraid something bad will happen.

I added discount coupon codes 3.32 after removing discount coupon codes 1.4. it works fine as long as someone enters the correct code but if they enter an incorrect code, get the error message, then enter the correct code the discount does not show up on the checkout confirmation page unless they refresh the checkout confirmation page, which they do not know to do. I have looked all through the code, what could I have left out?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

I added discount coupon codes 3.32 after removing discount coupon codes 1.4. it works fine as long as someone enters the correct code but if they enter an incorrect code, get the error message, then enter the correct code the discount does not show up on the checkout confirmation page unless they refresh the checkout confirmation page, which they do not know to do. I have looked all through the code, what could I have left out?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

After looking at this again I find that if I set the discount coupon module in debug mode it works fine but no error messages show up, as stated in the module. Perhaps this is a clue as to why it needs to be refreshed to show up as described above. Can I leave it in debug mode permanently and forget about the error code? Can I edit the code to get the error to show up in debug mode?

Dan

hi,

this contribution was working great for me until i installed Onepagechekout Contribution.

The onepagecheckout contribution is designed to work with Credit Class and Gift Voucher Contribution but I really like the discount contribution i already installed.

Can anyone please help me combine the onepagecheckout with this disount coupon codes contribution?

any help will be great.

thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know if the compatibility between these contributions has been sorted? I have both installed (obviously the discount mod no longer works...ho hum), an would like to keep both really. If anyone has, or know of,any updates it woudl be appreciated.

How did you fix this issue? I have the same problem. At the confirm order page my subtotal always doubles the total of the products.

In the case where "something is not working" it would be best not to ask others to dig out their crystal ball but to ask yourself what

- you could have done wrong during the installation

- which code fragments you might not have put in the right place (especially if other add-ons are at work)

- which part of your config differs from a vanilla setup.

[Might be helpful to pin those instructions.]

In the case where "something is not working" it would be best not to ask others to dig out their crystal ball but to ask yourself what

- which code fragments you might not have put in the right place (especially if other add-ons are at work)

I have gone through what I have done and I have done exactly what the instructions stated. I do have some customization done to my site but I am not the one who did it as I am not an expert programmer. I was hoping that since someone had already had this issue that they would know how to fix it.

I have made several copies of the table rate file and associated language files, so that I can use one for UPS Ground, another for UPS 3 day, another for UPS 2 day, another for UPS next day, etc. . . I want to offer a free shipping code, but restrict it to UPS Ground, if one of the other ship methods are selected then either a message should come up stating the coupon is not valid for that shipping method or simply deduct the cost of Ground shipping from the cost of whatever method the customer selects. Has anyone accomplished something similar to this? Any direction would be appreciated.

-Jason

I run a completely customized osC2.2 RC1 shop with mostly custom modifications that replicate the features of many contributions available except in a way that the data is more easily synced with Quickbooks on a continuous basis.

HELP PLEASE.

I tried this addon. Put everything where it should be (I am almost certain), that was all ok.

The gave mysql the 2 commands and this is whats happened:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'vivalab2_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/vivalab2/public_html/catalogue/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Help please, I have tried to restore but I can even get into my admin files.

I have lost all of it and can't get to it. I am only fairly new to all this so maybe I shouldn't have tried it.

Thanks

Cath

HELP PLEASE.

I tried this addon. Put everything where it should be (I am almost certain), that was all ok.

The gave mysql the 2 commands and this is whats happened:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'vivalab2_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/vivalab2/public_html/catalogue/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Help please, I have tried to restore but I can even get into my admin files.

I have lost all of it and can't get to it. I am only fairly new to all this so maybe I shouldn't have tried it.

Thanks

Cath

ps this is what i have on my database.php

<?php

/*

$Id: database.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

if (USE_PCONNECT == 'true') {

$$link = mysql_pconnect($server, $username, $password);

} else {

$$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);

}

if ($$link) mysql_select_db($database);

return $$link;

}

function tep_db_close($link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

return mysql_close($$link);

}

function tep_db_error($query, $errno, $error) {

die('<font color="#000000"><b>' . $errno . ' - ' . $error . '<br><br>' . $query . '<br><br><small><font color="#ff0000">[TEP STOP]</font></small><br><br></b></font>');

}

function tep_db_query($query, $link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && (STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS == 'true')) {

error_log('QUERY ' . $query . "\n", 3, STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME_LOG);

}

$result = mysql_query($query, $$link) or tep_db_error($query, mysql_errno(), mysql_error());

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && (STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS == 'true')) {

$result_error = mysql_error();

error_log('RESULT ' . $result . ' ' . $result_error . "\n", 3, STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME_LOG);

}

return $result;

}

function tep_db_perform($table, $data, $action = 'insert', $parameters = '', $link = 'db_link') {

reset($data);

if ($action == 'insert') {

$query = 'insert into ' . $table . ' (';

while (list($columns, ) = each($data)) {

$query .= $columns . ', ';

}

$query = substr($query, 0, -2) . ') values (';

reset($data);

while (list(, $value) = each($data)) {

switch ((string)$value) {

case 'now()':

$query .= 'now(), ';

break;

case 'null':

$query .= 'null, ';

break;

default:

$query .= '\'' . tep_db_input($value) . '\', ';

break;

}

}

$query = substr($query, 0, -2) . ')';

} elseif ($action == 'update') {

$query = 'update ' . $table . ' set ';

while (list($columns, $value) = each($data)) {

switch ((string)$value) {

case 'now()':

$query .= $columns . ' = now(), ';

break;

case 'null':

$query .= $columns .= ' = null, ';

break;

default:

$query .= $columns . ' = \'' . tep_db_input($value) . '\', ';

break;

}

}

$query = substr($query, 0, -2) . ' where ' . $parameters;

}

return tep_db_query($query, $link);

}

function tep_db_fetch_array($db_query) {

return mysql_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);

}

function tep_db_num_rows($db_query) {

return mysql_num_rows($db_query);

}

function tep_db_data_seek($db_query, $row_number) {

return mysql_data_seek($db_query, $row_number);

}

function tep_db_insert_id($link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

return mysql_insert_id($$link);

}

function tep_db_free_result($db_query) {

return mysql_free_result($db_query);

}

function tep_db_fetch_fields($db_query) {

return mysql_fetch_field($db_query);

}

function tep_db_output($string) {

return htmlspecialchars($string);

}

function tep_db_input($string, $link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

if (function_exists('mysql_real_escape_string')) {

return mysql_real_escape_string($string, $$link);

} elseif (function_exists('mysql_escape_string')) {

return mysql_escape_string($string);

}

return addslashes($string);

}

function tep_db_prepare_input($string) {

if (is_string($string)) {

return trim(tep_sanitize_string(stripslashes($string)));

} elseif (is_array($string)) {

reset($string);

while (list($key, $value) = each($string)) {

$string[$key] = tep_db_prepare_input($value);

}

return $string;

} else {

return $string;

}

}

?>

hope this helps.

many thanks

STILL CANNOT ADD COUPON WITHOUT REFRESH - ANYONE SOLVE THIS ISSUE YET???

I've SEARCHED EVERYWHERE WITH NO LUCK

I've tried these below codes and still does not work

I tried adding this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'])) {

$coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);

}

BEFORE these lines:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

I have been testing this contribution and have come across a bug. I was wondering if anybody else could confirm this.

Description:

When taxable and non-taxable items are in the cart and the last item in the cart is non-taxable the discount applied gets really screwed up, but the subtotal is correct. However the tax is calculated using the amount the difference between the original sub total and the discount amount causing the tax to be way off.

If I re-arrange the order of the items in the cart, so that the last item is a taxable item, then all is well.

Oh and only fixed amount discounts are affected. percent and shipping discounts do not have this problem.

If you can confirm this please state the version number you used.

I am using 3.32.

I believe the problem is in the following code, but can't quite figure it out.

function calculate_discount( $product = array(), $current_product = 0 ) {
     if( !$this->is_allowed_product( tep_get_prid( $product['id'] ) ) ) { //check that the product isn't excluded
       $applied_discount = 0; //don't apply a discount
       if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG == 'true' ) $this->message( 'INFO: Excluded product '.$product['id'].'. Discount of '.$applied_discount.' not applied.', 'debug' );
     } else {
       switch( $this->coupon['coupons_discount_type'] ) {
         case 'shipping':
           $applied_discount = 0;
           break;
         case 'fixed':
           //get the percentage of the total discount to apply to this item:
           $percentage_applied = $this->coupon['coupons_discount_amount'] / $this->cart_info['valid_products']['total'];
           if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG == 'true' ) $this->message( 'INFO: Percentage of discount applied to product '.$product['id'].':  '.$percentage_applied.'.', 'debug' );
           //calculate the applied discount:
           $applied_discount = $product['final_price'] - $percentage_applied;
           if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG == 'true' ) $this->message( 'INFO: Fixed discount applied to product '.$product['id'].':  '.$applied_discount.'.', 'debug' );
           //this section is to make sure that both the fixed discount and the tax are correct:
//           if( $this->cart_info['valid_products']['line_items'] == ( $current_product + 1 ) ) {
//             $difference = $this->coupon['coupons_discount_amount'] - ( array_sum( $this->applied_discount ) + $applied_discount );
//             if( $difference != 0 ) {
//               if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG == 'true' ) $this->message( 'INFO: Fixed adjustment for product '.$product['id'].': difference: '.$difference.' unadjusted applied_discount: '.$applied_discount, 'debug' );
//               $applied_discount += $difference;
             }
           } //end code to ensure accurate fixed discount and tax
           break;

This is part of the discount_coupon class.

I run a completely customized osC2.2 RC1 shop with mostly custom modifications that replicate the features of many contributions available except in a way that the data is more easily synced with Quickbooks on a continuous basis.

I was considering adding the coupon code feature but all I can see if problems with recent implementations.

The smartass response about a crystal ball is totally useless. It takes lots more than a crystal ball for the poor dumb users to try to implement an addon like this. This feature may at one time have worked, but the most recent add-ons page [http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269] has an auto-installer from 30June; then a 9-July mod that references something from 21 March09 and most recently a revision to a single file that was made on 5-October. How is anyone supposed to figure what version of all this stuff is the one that might work on their shop?

If kristapasnak hadn't spent 5 or 10 hours implementing this change and trying to figure out what was wrong, they wouldn't have asked for help. I'm sure it will be a long time before they ask for help again, if all they get is their chops busted for trying.

If you realy want to be helpful, then fix the app and put a full package online, so that we don't need to be mindreaders to figure out which pieces to use and which to ignore. It's too late for CLEES4005 (4Nov09), who installed all this stuff and now can't even get into her admin panel.

I'll wait a few months until someone clears this up before considering implementation of this feature.

You weren't kidding that it's starting to look a bit confusing on the addons page! :blink:

Here is what I know, after having used this contribution for 3 years now. Wherever you see "kgt" as the person who uploaded a file - that is the original creator (to my knowledge) of this contribution. So, the last file that she uploaded as a full package was v3.3 on June 4 2007. Now, since then, I believe the 3.32 version uploaded Jan 30, 2009 by dynamoeffects is going to be a good working version.

After that confuses me, as 3.32 is the version that the AutoInstallers were made for, even though 3.33 had been uploaded. SO, I may be wrong and I mean no offense to those who have added other versions, but in my personal experience I would start with the 3.32 version and then go from there. :blush:

I was considering adding the coupon code feature but all I can see if problems with recent implementations.

The smartass response about a crystal ball is totally useless. It takes lots more than a crystal ball for the poor dumb users to try to implement an addon like this. This feature may at one time have worked, but the most recent add-ons page [http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269] has an auto-installer from 30June; then a 9-July mod that references something from 21 March09 and most recently a revision to a single file that was made on 5-October. How is anyone supposed to figure what version of all this stuff is the one that might work on their shop?

If kristapasnak hadn't spent 5 or 10 hours implementing this change and trying to figure out what was wrong, they wouldn't have asked for help. I'm sure it will be a long time before they ask for help again, if all they get is their chops busted for trying.

If you realy want to be helpful, then fix the app and put a full package online, so that we don't need to be mindreaders to figure out which pieces to use and which to ignore. It's too late for CLEES4005 (4Nov09), who installed all this stuff and now can't even get into her admin panel.

I'll wait a few months until someone clears this up before considering implementation of this feature.

~Tracy

Okay I am now desparate for help! I have spent about 4 hours installing version 3.32, 3.33, and then 3.34 every single one of these versions has the same issue I described in my previous post. I cannot put this contribution into production use until this tax/discount issue is resolved, but I have already spent about 14 hours developing another contribution, that automatically populates the discount_coupons table with a new coupon record upon successful completion of a sale. This new contribution also maintains an inclusion table instead of the exclusion system currently used. This makes it possible to make the coupon only available to the person who's sale generated the coupon. In the admin panel this features can be turned on and off simply by checking transferrable or non-transferrable. The contribution is highly configurable allowing the discount to be shipping, percent, or fixed. The "discount auto coupon" is also configurable based on the size of the order that generated the coupon via a simple table maintained in the admin panel. For example if the order is between $100 and $250 the auto discount coupon could be generated for $25 fixed, but if the total of the order generating the auto discount coupon is between $250 and $500 then the auto discount coupon could be generated for 15% off or 50% shipping. You can mix any of the possible combinations in this table or simply increase the fixed amount of the coupons for larger and larger orders. It is a little difficult to explain without some screenshots of the admin panel, but trust me this is a highly flexible and powerful sales tool. I am very excited to get it posted and would like to update the auto installer, so that it will install automatically with version 3.32, but I absolutely have to get this Tax Class/Discount issue fixed first. This is an amazing contribution, that will be even better with my contribution added to it, but for the reasons that the last two post have pointed out we have got to make it more reliable and less confusing to get installed and working. I cannot post this contribution with a core problem in the discount module involving tax classes. If you are at all familiar with this contribution please take a look at this post and try to give a hand here. This is the last hurdle I have to solving many of the problems I found in this otherwise great contribution. I selected this contribution as a starting point over another similar contribution, because of the track record for active contributors. I hope this is not dying out. Hopefully some of you will help out and after I get my contribution up will make it even better.

Edited by jsalis

Can this Contribution be setup to have a specific discount amount for individual items?

Say I want $5 off one item but $6 off another item but I want to use the same coupon code. Can this be done?

No it can't, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to add that functionality, but if very many coupons were added with that functionality and if your store has thousands of items like mine, and the code was a different amount for each item, it could very quickly become a maintenance nightmare and exponentially increase the size of the database and the load times for your site. The smarter way would be to simply use a percent off discount. Presumably you would want the more expensive item to get the six dollar discount in your example, so if that is the case a percent off discount, could provide the basic functionality you are looking for without the maintenance headaches and decreased efficiency.

Can this Contribution be setup to have a specific discount amount for individual items?

Say I want $5 off one item but $6 off another item but I want to use the same coupon code. Can this be done?

No it can't, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to add that functionality, but if very many coupons were added with that functionality and if your store has thousands of items like mine, and the code was a different amount for each item, it could very quickly become a maintenance nightmare and exponentially increase the size of the database and the load times for your site. The smarter way would be to simply use a percent off discount. Presumably you would want the more expensive item to get the six dollar discount in your example, so if that is the case a percent off discount, could provide the basic functionality you are looking for without the maintenance headaches and decreased efficiency.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way yet to have both a product discount and a shipping discount attached to one discount code?

I am sure my boss will have me working on this one before long.