• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Hi there,

I got it!

Now it`s possible to install the coupon code AND the free shipping modul together!

If you want to know how, ask me!

I don`t charge any money for helping out other guys with their problems...(like wontonesaju for example) :rolleyes:

Greetings!

i have been working to find what am i doing wrong.. got everything just the way it is defined..but cannot still make this work.. any clue... below is what i guess the problem may be... in checkoutprocess.php

//kgt - discount coupons

if( tep_session_is_registered( 'coupon' ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) {

$sql_data_array = array( 'coupons_id' => $order->coupon->coupon['coupons_id'],

'orders_id' => $insert_id );

tep_db_perform( TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS, $sql_data_array );

}

//end kgt - discount coupons

Another weird issue: does not populate anything in TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS when i try to work from home... any idea.

Any help to make this work would help...

Hi there,

I got it!

Now it`s possible to install the coupon code AND the free shipping modul together!

If you want to know how, ask me!

I don`t charge any money for helping out other guys with their problems...(like wontonesaju for example) :rolleyes:

Greetings!

Hi, I can't just replace the checkout_confirmation.php file because i have other contribs installed that changed that file.

¿Could you, please, mark the changes in the file with notes?

I just see one change

// ChilliNr1`s Coupon AND Free Shipping Fix START
/**************if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method**************/
// ChilliNr1`s Coupon AND Free Shipping Fix END

Is this the only one?

Thank you.

Hi, I can't just replace the checkout_confirmation.php file because i have other contribs installed that changed that file.

¿Could you, please, mark the changes in the file with notes?

I just see one change

// ChilliNr1`s Coupon AND Free Shipping Fix START
/**************if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method**************/
// ChilliNr1`s Coupon AND Free Shipping Fix END

Is this the only one?

Thank you.

Hi,

yep that`s all! ;) I changed the request for the shipping costs.

You`ve only have to delete if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method

That`s it!

Greetings!

@nipunjoshi Sounds complicated. Did you`ve reinstalled the database? Sorry, but that's too deep for me. :blush:

Hi,

yep that`s all! ;) I changed the request for the shipping costs.

You`ve only have to delete if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method

That`s it!

Greetings!

@nipunjoshi Sounds complicated. Did you`ve reinstalled the database? Sorry, but that's too deep for me. :blush:

I know.. I technicall did not reinstall the database.. but it got overwritten when i created a dummy test site with same database name and userid. (Have not lost anything though) as i had few test products of my own store.. which i will upload it again at later state.. if you want i can email you the files... let me know which one do you want me to email it to you.

Again Thanks.. ChilliNr1

Hi,

sure! You can use the product filter in the admin section!

Grretings!

But that only let's me filter individual products. What I need is to discount only the first product in the cart. Is this doable?

Hi there! I've scoured this thread for a solution to my issue without success, so hopefully someone could help.

After some fumbling with the apparently broken (though better-documented) dynamoeffects version of the contribution, I cleaned it out and installed the wontonesaju version from 1/28/09 with apparent success. I can create discount coupons and, upon test checkout, they seem to calculate fine.

My issue is that in the coupon administration, whenever I click any of the exclusion buttons for a coupon (e.g. Product Exclusions), I get a blank page. This happens for any of the exclusions. I saw some folks posted a couple months ago with the same problem, but have not seen any fixes. Does anyone have any ideas? I've checked my files and everything seems in order -- is there something I'm overlooking?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi there! I've scoured this thread for a solution to my issue without success, so hopefully someone could help.

After some fumbling with the apparently broken (though better-documented) dynamoeffects version of the contribution, I cleaned it out and installed the wontonesaju version from 1/28/09 with apparent success. I can create discount coupons and, upon test checkout, they seem to calculate fine.

My issue is that in the coupon administration, whenever I click any of the exclusion buttons for a coupon (e.g. Product Exclusions), I get a blank page. This happens for any of the exclusions. I saw some folks posted a couple months ago with the same problem, but have not seen any fixes. Does anyone have any ideas? I've checked my files and everything seems in order -- is there something I'm overlooking?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi,

download the latest version 3.32 and install the sql file!

Your problem should be solved!

Greetings!

@miamizx: How should this works? Who knows which one IS the first item in your cart?

It`s not possible so far. Maybe you can filter some products out by manufactor or something...

Edited by ChilliNr1

@miamizx: How should this works? Who knows which one IS the first item in your cart?

It`s not possible so far. Maybe you can filter some products out by manufactor or something...

Well my dilema is that I have many many products on the site, its impossible to filter by product or manufacturer since I don't know what the user is going to buy. What I wanted to do is give a user a 50% discount off one item(doesn't have to be the first, just any ONE item) instead of the entire order. I guess I would have to just give out $ coupons instead of %

@miamizx: Well my dilema is that I have many many products on the site, its impossible to filter by product or manufacturer since I don't know what the user is going to buy. What I wanted to do is give a user a 50% discount off one item(doesn't have to be the first, just any ONE item) instead of the entire order. I guess I would have to just give out $ coupons instead of %

Hi,

I think the only way is, to make a couple of coupons...

First gives you 5$/€ at 20$/€, 10$/€ at 30$/€ and 15$/€ at 45$/€ shopping cart worth for example!

So you post all coupon codes to your customers, and they choose the discount dependent on the worth of their shopping cart!

That`s an option!

Hi,

I think the only way is, to make a couple of coupons...

First gives you 5$/€ at 20$/€, 10$/€ at 30$/€ and 15$/€ at 45$/€ shopping cart worth for example!

So you post all coupon codes to your customers, and they choose the discount dependent on the worth of their shopping cart!

That`s an option!

This is not a bad idea, thanks for the suggestions!

Hi,

download the latest version 3.32 and install the sql file!

Your problem should be solved!

Greetings![/b

Thanks. Do you mean the sql_script.sql that's packaged with the 3.32 version, uploaded 1/30/09? When i try to run that SQL query, I get an error "1065 - Query was empty." Am I missing something?

Thanks. Do you mean the sql_script.sql that's packaged with the 3.32 version, uploaded 1/30/09? When i try to run that SQL query, I get an error "1065 - Query was empty." Am I missing something?

Hi,

sorry, my fault. The SQL File isn`t included there.

Take the next one called: "installer_database"

This is the sql script only!

I deleted my tables I`ve created before and reinstalled the database.

Now it work fine!

Have a nice day!

Hi,

sorry, my fault. The SQL File isn`t included there.

Take the next one called: "installer_database"

This is the sql script only!

I deleted my tables I`ve created before and reinstalled the database.

Now it work fine!

Have a nice day!

Hi, thank you for your assistance.

I ran the SQL script and it created the tables in question ("discount_coupon", "discount_coupon_to_orders", etc.), but I still get blank pages when I visit the Exceptions pages in the Discount Coupons section.

This is not a bad idea, thanks for the suggestions!

Hi,

have you seen this? LINK

There you get a discount when you buy 3 items for the cheapest one...

Maybe this is interessting for you!

@DboG: *uff* I don`t know what else could be wrong...

Download the latest packages and updates and take a look at the files in the admin folder!

Maybe you can backup your files and overwrite them for testing.

If they`ll work, you`ll have an error in your files...

Sorry that`s the only thing I would try :blink:

Hi, can't seem to find the answers to my questions concerning this contribution in here... it's wanted configuration possibilities rather than errors.

I'm looking for a way to, by default, add new customers to the "Excluded" list in all my coupons rather than in the "Allowed" list.

I'm also looking for a way to add several products, with different discount amounts on each of them, to a single discount-code. I don't want my regulars to have to enter more than one code and yet benefit from their discounts (which may vary quite a bit depending on what products they have discount on).

Would be really nice if someone could help me out with this since I can't seem to find a solution on my own.

Big thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

have you seen this? LINK

There you get a discount when you buy 3 items for the cheapest one...

Maybe this is interessting for you!

This actually makes the cheapest item free, I just need a discount coupon (I can't give stuff away for free, I'll go broke!!)

Thanks though

Hello - hope someone out there can help me.

I have a small problem. I'm running version 3.31 and created coupon codes using an "&" in the item #. I am assuming this is no good because I can't edit these coupons nor delete them through the admin screen.

How can I get rid of them, perhaps delete them from a file or database? I took a quick look at MySql, but honestly, I don't know what I'm doing there and am afraid of F-ing something up. I couldn't even find a list of the coupon codes.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone! I just installed this and now when I try to get to admin, it tells me "webpage not found"! My catalog is fine, but there doesnt seem to be admin. I did make a backup before I installed, but I dont know how to restore without going into admin! can anyone help?

Jessica

Edited by jzastoupil

Thanks Saju you were right. I had another go this evening and I have had to adjust the catalog.php to:

As I also have optional related products listed at the bottom of the catalog box.

This leaves the link in the catalog box displayed as BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS

Then I changed the reports.php and again nothing could be viewed on the admin screen except for the boxes on the left (this time all of them)

With the amendments, my reports.php looks like:

What am I doing wrong? Please help. :(

Sorry but bumping this. I would dearly love some help.

Debbie Harrison

Hello

Can anyone tell why my shop loose the session using and incorrect coupon code? I remember you, when there are any mistake don't show the mistake, loose de session and goes to the login page.

I have ms2.2 RC1, with php4.

Any sugestion?

Thankyou to all who read this.

Cesar

Hi there

So installed everything, ran the query and it all looks good, except that when I go to Modules> order total and try to set it to true, i see the option there, and the arrow, but can't see anything on the side of that.

The last thing to the right of the page is the arrow and the little info icons, so i can't set it to true. Please help :(