• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

a simple question

tomliuwhite

You have to have a terminal that will connect to your bank to allow you to charge the card. That is pretty expensive for low-volume shops.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If one customer orders some products on my oscommerce site and uses "credit card" payment. How could he pay to my bank account? Shall i do some configuration for "credit card" payment?

Many thanks in advance.

You will require to set up a payment merchant who will be able to process the credit cards. There are various contributions you can use, such as PROTX, to be able to set up a credit card facility on your website.

You will require to set up a payment merchant who will be able to process the credit cards. There are various contributions you can use, such as PROTX, to be able to set up a credit card facility on your website.

I think both of "credit card" and "paypal" payment in oscommerce can accept major kinds of credit card. For paypal, i know how to use it. But for "credit card", i do not know how to use. If i want to use "credit card" payment to accept customer's credit card(i.e. visa). What shall i do?

I think both of "credit card" and "paypal" payment in oscommerce can accept major kinds of credit card. For paypal, i know how to use it. But for "credit card", i do not know how to use. If i want to use "credit card" payment to accept customer's credit card(i.e. visa). What shall i do?

You have to integrate a number of things to get OSC to work with credit cards. It will not do it straight from the basic package. This is what you will require to in brief to get your credit cards to work.

Ring your bank up and set a business account with them. Your bank maybe able to put a direct system on your website.

If not you wil require another "middle man" such as PROTX (there is more but I can not think of any!) to process all your credit cards. We chose PROTX direct as then when your customers want to make a payment they do not get directed away from you site to enter there credit cards details and then redirected when the purchase is complete.

To do all this you will require a full SSL site.

However, if you set up a paypal business account you can use paypal to take credit card details and then the funds go into your paypal account. But again your customers are directed away from your website, I hated this!

I think at this point of time you easiet method will be paypal business account as this will accept both paypal members' payments along with non paypal members ( those who use credit cards). You will not require a SSL site for this.

You have to integrate a number of things to get OSC to work with credit cards. It will not do it straight from the basic package. This is what you will require to in brief to get your credit cards to work.

Ring your bank up and set a business account with them. Your bank maybe able to put a direct system on your website.

If not you wil require another "middle man" such as PROTX (there is more but I can not think of any!) to process all your credit cards. We chose PROTX direct as then when your customers want to make a payment they do not get directed away from you site to enter there credit cards details and then redirected when the purchase is complete.

To do all this you will require a full SSL site.

However, if you set up a paypal business account you can use paypal to take credit card details and then the funds go into your paypal account. But again your customers are directed away from your website, I hated this!

I think at this point of time you easiet method will be paypal business account as this will accept both paypal members' payments along with non paypal members ( those who use credit cards). You will not require a SSL site for this.

Thanks for your detailed information.

Archived