• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help!

The easiest way to get it the way you want is to go to admin-->configuration-->customer details

Then you'll see a few things to set true or false. By default, the "suburb" field is false, you can make that true, then go to catalog/includes/languages/espanol.php (or english.php, etc) and change the headings to be the words you want for customer info fields. These are the defaults, with suburb enabled.

Direcci?n: *

Suburbio

C?digo Postal: *

Poblacion: *

Provincia/Estado: *

Pa?s:

Then if you want or need to change the order of the items, that is in catalog/create_account.php

How to enter the zone field at the customer address, like in this example:

http://www.skateargentino.com.ar/arch/2006...ate_account.php

zone=provincia

Thanks

I choose the state to be true, and now it appears at the customer checkout page, but only the textbox, without the text "provincia:" before.

also, I would like to have a scrolling menu and not an empty textbox, Is it posible?

And one other thing. How do you limit the country scroll menu to only one country (Argentina in this case) instead of having all the country list?

For provincia not showing up, look in catalog/includes/languages/espanol.php

look for these

define('ENTRY_STATE', 'Provincia/Estado:');

define('ENTRY_STATE_ERROR', 'Su provincia/estado debe tener al menos ' . ENTRY_STATE_MIN_LENGTH . ' letras.');

define('ENTRY_STATE_ERROR_SELECT', 'Por favor seleccione de la lista desplegable.');

define('ENTRY_STATE_TEXT', '*');

For the country list being limited to Argentina, it would depend on a couple things...

Do you want all country options throughout the site (for customer account address, billing address, all of that) to be ONLY Argentina?

If that is the case and you don't think you will want to add more countries later, you could delete them all in Admin>locations>countries. That could take all day, though. You could delete them using phpmyadmin by running this query

BACKUP Your database first, though!

delete from countries where countries_name <> 'Argentina';

That will eliminate all but Argentina in your store

There is a contribution called 'active countries' that would allow you to enable/disable individual countries. It's a better method if you think you'll want to enable others later.

Thanks

I choose the state to be true, and now it appears at the customer checkout page, but only the textbox, without the text "provincia:" before.

also, I would like to have a scrolling menu and not an empty textbox, Is it posible?

And one other thing. How do you limit the country scroll menu to only one country (Argentina in this case) instead of having all the country list?

I entered the provincias as zones (acording the contribution explanation).

Then changed "state" to be true using admin-->configuration-->customer details.

Does the system know that I mean zoneX=stateX, or maybe he thinks that some states belong to X zone, other to Y zone and so on?

At create_account.php file, I have this code:

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main">

<?php

if ($process == true) {

if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {

ACCOUNT_STATE I guess it means state=true as I did using admin-->configuration-->customer details.

($process == true

$entry_state_has_zones == true

what are the $process and $entry_state_has_zones variables? Should they be true or false in my case?

Archived