• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploading Product Database

TAC_CIO

I recently had to move my website and online store to a new host. I was able to get all my files from the old host. I have over 500 products in my database. How can I upload all the catalog files to the existing catalog on the new host. I don't want to have to re-enter all the products as I need to get this up and live ASAPINS. I have already published them via FrontPage to my www.transatlanticcreations.com.

I tried doing what the Hosting Support person told me to do and FTP'd my Catalog information to the new catalog and I am receiving the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'transatlbb@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/transatl/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server.

Mark Burkhardt

You will need to grab a copy of your database thats on your old host then re set up a new data base on the new host and upload the database dump then in your config files in the shop and your shop admin make sure that your setings now point to the new data base on your new host

You will need to grab a copy of your database thats on your old host then re set up a new data base on the new host and upload the database dump then in your config files in the shop and your shop admin make sure that your setings now point to the new data base on your new host

I have the dump of the old SQL Database. How do I re-direct the files to point to the new database?

once you have the new DB set up in your new host then you will need to edit the config files which i think are in catalog/incudes/configure.php

and the 2nd one which is in the admin folder agin i think its in the incules folder in admin

at the bottom of the config files you will see the referance to your Db name, username, and password these will need to be changedto the new DB which you have set up

Archived