• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auctionblox plug-in failed

pking

Is anyone else using the Auctionblox system to link their shop to Ebay?

I've just started using it and have errors with the uploading. I've sent them 5 support emails now over 6 days with no response. Is this usual? It seems pretty poor to me, so I'm looking for an alternative.

What are the alternatives- do you just use Turbolister and put it through manually? Any help or feedback gratefully received.

• 1 year later...

I've just started using it and have errors with the uploading. I've sent them 5 support emails now over 6 days with no response. Is this usual? It seems pretty poor to me, so I'm looking for an alternative.

What are the alternatives- do you just use Turbolister and put it through manually? Any help or feedback gratefully received.

Couldn't agree more, the support is pathetic. We certainly want to move beyond Turbo Lister but apparently Auctionblox is not the answer.

Hello,

I have been using Auctionblox since November last year. The support can sometimes be a little slow with them being based in the US but I have always found them very helpful and the support is FREE...

They have been very busy lately and have employed an extra person to help out. I recently found that their replies to my support tickets where being blocked somehow, so maybe that is what is happening with yours too??

What version are you using and what issues do you have with uploading? I may be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

As Janelle said, sometimes they can be a little slow. I have found it rare that they would go more than 2-3 without replying to my initial problem. Then if they needed to research or look into things it may be 3-4 days before they got back to me. But MOST the time I received an initial reply within 24 hours.

I agree with Janelle that more than likely their responses were being blocked.

I'm curious of what errors you had while uploading. Nearly every time we have errors uploading it's because we forgot to include something in the listing (shipping price, eBay category, etc). But the failed section usually tells you what it is so you can easily correct it.

There is also the forums over at AuctionBlox which is constantly monitored by several users who have been using it for years and are very knowledgable. If it's a quick setup question I'll post there first, and give it a day or so. If I don't have a reply then I'll put in a support ticket. It's rare that I've had to escalate to support for a little issue though.

This sounds like it might be a good option for my shop, and I notice that they have a 30 trial;

Can anyone answer a couple of questions;

Is the system limited to auction listings? Or can you have the items listed only within your ebay Store?

Does it integrate and fully handle stock quantities?

Yes, it can list to eBay stores as well. You can even manage multiple eBay IDs and multiple eBay stores.

osCommerce handles the inventory part. When I list, I list current qty on hand as the qty of the auction. Then when I sell the items they checkout directly on my store (AuctionBlox has Checkout Redirect, so when they hit Pay Now they are directed to my site to complete checkout. An account is created for them automatically.) and when the order is complete it is deducted from the osc inventory as it normally would. NOW, if someone them buys the same item from the store front, it would mean I'm at risk of overselling on eBay. NEVER FEAR! AuctionBlox has you covered. It will check your store qty and compare to qty remaining in the auction, and end the item if qty is 0.

• 1 month later...

Let me start by saying that I work for AuctionBlox!

If you are not getting responses from the support system then I can say honestly that we are not receiving the inquiry, we try to respond to every ticket the same day. You can also call 1 800 928 6756 opt3, opt8 to receive tel support.

I want to help, send me a message!

Thanks

Vinnie

Archived