• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change the required field from city to suburb?

quacka

How do I change the required field from city to suburb and order it on top of postcode field?

We do not use the city field here in Australia.

I Also would like to force the registration country list to have only Australia and have it selected, we do not sell stuff overseas.

• 2 weeks later...
How do I change the required field from city to suburb and order it on top of postcode field?

I Also would like to force the registration country list to have only Australia and have it selected, we do not sell stuff overseas.

Yes, I've been looking for the same info.....

Thanks.

Yes, I've been looking for the same info.....

Thanks.

You can change 'city' to read 'suburb' in includes/languages/english.php

The only way I can think of to have Australia only is to delete all the other countries, either in Admin (which would be one at a time, under Locations/Countries) or go into the database and find the table 'countries' and go from there. That seems to be very invasive though - I'd suggest before trying that you export the table and save the sql somewhere in case you need to put it back.

Archived