• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

language problems!!

eugenelim

hi all,

i have actually installed a language pack(gb2312-chinese simplified) from contribution section.. i have did all the necessary steps like extracting the files to the folder, and also under admin>localization> languages did the necessary translatation on all the other files.i believe i did not do anything as it is quite easy...

when i open the main page for the store.. i see the language selection box on the left(which i put) and when i click on the china logo(change language to chinese) i still have the language on the site still in english.. i tried putting default language as chinese in admin>localization>languages... but the site still show in english...

i am quite lost as i did all the necessary steps but why wouldn't my page be shown in chinese... i hope someone can point something out which i may have missed as i am quite newbie in this...

thanks in advance for the time and answers \)

Check to ensure that your server has the gb2312-chinese simplified language installed. You may need to ask your host's support department to determine this.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

i am running it on a local host...am sure it is installed... just that when i click on the flag.. it links to another page(i dont know what page is it) and the language is still in english.even if i open the english link.. it gets me to the same page.. when i try to open the include>language>chinese>index.php i get :-

error: Call to undefined function: tep_image() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hy\includes\languages\chinese\index.php on line 13

on line 13 :-

define('TEXT_MAIN', '?????? osCommerce ??Ŀ??չʾ?꣬??????Ʒ??Ϊʾ??Ŀ?ģ?<b>?κζ???????Ʒ?????ᷢ?????????ʵ?</b>????????Ʒ?????϶?Ӧ??Ϊ?鹹??<br><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/1.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>??????Ϣ</b><br><br>?????д???????????Ϣ?????ȸ?????????<br><br>??????Ϣ?? <span class="messageStackError">????</span> ??ɫ??ʾ??һҳ?Ϸ???<br><br>????Ҫ????????????ȷ???????????̵???????ȷ - ????????Ҫ????Щ???飬???޸?λ???ļ? includes/application_top.php ?ײ?????Ӧ??????</td></tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/2.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>?޸?????????</b><br><br>???????ֿ????????ļ????޸ģ?<br><br><nobr class="messageStackSuccess">[catalog]/includes/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT . '</nobr><br><br>???Ŀ??ֹ??޸ģ?Ҳ???ù???ߣ?<nobr class="messageStackSuccess">????->' . ucfirst($language) . '->????</nobr> ?? <nobr class="messageStackSuccess">ϵͳ????->?ļ???????</nobr><br><br>???????????????趨?ģ?<br><br><nobr>define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'<span class="messageStackSuccess">???? osCommerce ??Ŀ??չʾ...</span>\');</nobr><br><br>????ɫͻ????ʾ?????ֿ????޸? - һ??Ҫ?????ؼ??? TEXT_MAIN??Ҫ??ȫɾ?????????֣?ֻ?豣???????????ţ?<br><br><nobr>define(\'TEXT_MAIN\', \'\');</nobr><br><br>???? PHP define() ?????ĸ??????Ͽ???<a href="http://www.php.net/define" target="_blank"><u>????</u></a>?ҵ???</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/3.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>????????ҳ</b><br><br>????Ŀǰû????????ȫ??ʩ????????һ??Ҫ????????ҳ??</td></tr><tr><td class="main" valign="top">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'default/4.gif') . '</td><td class="main" valign="top"><b>?????ĵ?</b><br><br>?????ĵ????? <a href="http://wiki.oscommerce.com" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce Wiki ?ĵ?</u></a> ??վ?ҵ???<br><br>????֧????վΪ??<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums" target="_blank"><u>osCommerce ????֧????̳</u></a>??</td></tr></table>

the weird writing is chinese writing...

1) what do i have to change to correct this error?

2) what i need to do to get my site to chinese when i click on the china flag icon =/

You have another problem before that.

The tep_image() function is contained in the includes/functions/html_output.php file, which is called in the includes/application_top.php file, which occurs *long* before anything dealing with languages.

Since the message is stating that the function is not defined, that means something is wrong in your application_top processing area (not necessarily that file) that is preventing the html_output.php file from loading.

If that is happening, I wonder what other files are not loading and thus compounding the problem that you are having.

As an aside, I suggest editing the define for your TEXT_MAIN to be a simple sentence and then see if your site will load or if additional errors are displayed.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

i have checked the coding.. there is nothing quite wrong with it =/ does anyone have any idea what is causing the error... i am not very good with php coding... some advice would be nice =)

As an aside, I suggest editing the define for your TEXT_MAIN to be a simple sentence and then see if your site will load or if additional errors are displayed.

Do you try this part?

ya.. the same error msg i got..

Call to undefined function: tep_image() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hy\includes\languages\chinese\index.php on line 13

i am weak on php command lines.. i just follow some tutorial to edit the text_main.....

I just wanted you to make the line look like:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '?????? osCommerce - this is main page');

and get rid of the trailing text and see if you still get the error message.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the final answer?

i dont know what i am suppose to get.. but i tried to browse on the index.php(the main product page) i got to see the chinese language on it.. i just need to do some translation under admin>localization >language and i get the whole page written in chinese ~.~

i dont know if u guys understand me.. i am also rather confuse =/

Archived