• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newby Help Please...

skeeweeaka

Hello, I realize that somewhere in this database is the answer for this, but I've been trying to fix this for days by myself to no avail...AND I HAVE READ AND READ AND READ.... I have the logo in the left corner where oscommerce was, now I want to add my business name in the center of the Page Title next to the logo. Can someone please tell me how I can do this. I am new to this programming thing...

THANKS!

Can someone help please... I have made the edits where 'oscommerce' file is at and Added my business name but it does not show up. Am I supposed to add it somewhere else??? Or, is it the logo? Do I need to delete the logo and just add the text?

I also changed the index.php Header_Title and Text_Main and they worked...but I want to change this page title before I move on...

I don't know the answer, though I will be reading for when someone replies to you.

In the meantime, I played in psp and made my logo in a larger banner and added text to the logo image and then uploaded that. It isn't what you are looking for, but it may be a temporary solution.

To change the oscommerce logo, you have to edit includes/headers.php.

there is a line where it references the oscommerce logo. change that file to whatever image file you have for your logo.

The line is

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'sukottoinc_swordworks.gif', 'Sukotto Inc. Swordworks') . '</a>'; ?></td>

Change the gif file name and add whatever title you'd like for the image.

I suppose you can also text after the '</a> and make sure you end it with another ' before the ;

It will show up as text when viewing.

Archived