• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help!

nursallie

Hi! I am searching but can not find an example of a site frameless and framed. I understand the benefits of frameless sites, but how do you know if a site is frameless? I know a frame has a scrollbar in it, but does that mean a site without scrollbars is necessarily frameless?

Could you show me examples? Thanks.

Hi! I am searching but can not find an example of a site frameless and framed. I understand the benefits of frameless sites, but how do you know if a site is frameless? I know a frame has a scrollbar in it, but does that mean a site without scrollbars is necessarily frameless?

Could you show me examples? Thanks.

The only way to be sure is to view the source.

If you see something like

<frameset cols="25%,75%">

<frame src="xxx">

<frame src="xxx">

</frameset>

The site has frames :-)

TBH though I dont understand the point of the question? Frames are bad, they cause problems with sessions and are not liked by search engines so I wouldnt even worry about them.

The only way to be sure is to view the source.

If you see something like

<frameset cols="25%,75%">

<frame src="xxx">

<frame src="xxx">

</frameset>

The site has frames :-)

TBH though I dont understand the point of the question? Frames are bad, they cause problems with sessions and are not liked by search engines so I wouldnt even worry about them.

A frame is when you have a window within your website which pulls up the other pages. This isn't good because your URL doesn't change and it's very difficult for search engines to spider/catalog. It also is difficult for users to use, personally I don't like to have a scroll bar within a page.

Hello. I am asking the question, because i am having a website designed and i DO NOT want frames. so how do i know they are definitely not used? I just want to be sure.

Also, is there anyone out there that can supply an example of each????

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Archived