• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please answer me

nursallie

Ok, I've noticed a lot of sites are not centered on my computer screen, they are aligned to the left and do not fill my screen. WHy would anyone make a "small" screen shot as a website?

Also, I've noticed some designers have the same exact look for all of their sites--- the format is a long rectangle down the middle of the computer screen with nothing out to the left or right sides of the screen. Is this because they are using an easy-to-use template?

THanks in advance for your replies. smile.gif

There is nothing wrong with left aligned websites, it all comes down to personal preference.
Correct nothing wrong with it, other then a lot of wasted white space which could be used better. I believe the main reason this was first implemented was to accomodate people who used lower resolution screens (ie 800 x 600) .

I think they would have been better off to use a centered shop or even better to use the entire page and develop the layout to expand with the variuos screen resolutions ;)

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived