• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help, Can't Upload the Picture.

erikguitars

Hi,

I have a problem after upgrading my oscommerce.

I can't upload the picture when add the new product.

Error: Catalog images directory is not writeable: /home/gitar/public_html/catalog/images/

Anyone ever has a same problem? Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

You need to adjust the permissions on those directories (backup and images).

Try setting them at 755, if you still get the error try 777.

One more error..... :(

Error: Backup directory is not writeable.

Can't backup the database. :(

You need to adjust the permissions on those directories (backup and images).

Try setting them at 755, if you still get the error try 777.

I have the same issue, but I've not found 755 or 777 (or any similar numbers) in either configure.php file. Where should I be looking for this code so that I can update it?

thx,

CourtneyPages

Each file and each folder have permissions assigned to them that determine who can read, write, and execute. (who...being owner, group, or public).

You would see these numbers (permissions) in your 'cpanel' if you're on a Linux based hosting plan.

If you have Windows hosting, it can be different. >_<

Either way, you can probably set and / or see the permissions w/ an FTP program like Filezilla (it's free). When you browse your site in Filezilla or similar FTP programs, you can right click a folder or file, click 'properties', and you will see something like 'file attributes'....that's where you can set the "permissions".

You're best off reading up on the meaning of all that on Google, or there's some info here in the knowledge base too.

I have the same issue, but I've not found 755 or 777 (or any similar numbers) in either configure.php file. Where should I be looking for this code so that I can update it?

thx,

CourtneyPages

If you have Windows hosting, it can be different. >_<

That is when you get a real server (i.e. Linux server). ;) :D LOL

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Care to share the answer for those with the same problem?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived