• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal account in GBP trading in Malaysia ringgit (MYR)

param_nirvana

Hi All,

My question is a generic one.

I have Paypal Merchant account in UK in single currency GBP.

I'm opening an online shop to sell products in Malaysia exclusively for Malaysian market. I want to do all transaction on my website in Malaysia ringgit (MYR) only.

No problem till, here I have setup Paypal module in OSC and everything work fine all prices on my website are displayed in Malaysia ringgit.

The mystery starts when customer clicks on checkout. This checout will lead to the Paypal account where the prices will be converted into GBP and displayed in GBP.

Now my questions are

1) What will be the amount charged from customers (Malaysians) which will be displayed in their credit card statement?

Will it be the same price which is displayed on our website or it will be converted to GBP and then charged

into equivanlent of MYR?

2) Does paypal charges extra for currency conversion in this case?

I'm still not too clear about their currency conversion and currency conversion charges?

What I want to do is to display prices in ringgit and also let customers charged with exactly the same amount which are displayed on our website.

I don't want customers to get confused with currency conversion stuff.

cheers

Nirvana