• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can Anyone Help???

botato

I'm very new to PHP stuffs. But I would like to try to setup an online shop. Can anyone help me on the installation?

I have a disk station at home which can support PHP+MYSQL.

I've tried to follow the instruction to install the Oscommerce. I put the "CATALOG" folder under the Web folder in my disk station. Then try the http:\\(my server name which got from dyndns.org)/catalog. But I come across the following error msg.

"Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory."

1) Can anyone teach me how to solve this problem?

2) Do I need to download the PHP Complete Code?

3) Do I need to download the Apache?

Thanks in advance for your help...

I'm very new to PHP stuffs. But I would like to try to setup an online shop. Can anyone help me on the installation?

I have a disk station at home which can support PHP+MYSQL.

I've tried to follow the instruction to install the Oscommerce. I put the "CATALOG" folder under the Web folder in my disk station. Then try the http:\\(my server name which got from dyndns.org)/catalog. But I come across the following error msg.

"Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory."

1) Can anyone teach me how to solve this problem?

2) Do I need to download the PHP Complete Code?

3) Do I need to download the Apache?

Thanks in advance for your help...

if you are running a windows system the php.ini file is in the windows directory open the file and change register_ globals to true once you have done this restart your server for it to work.

if this does not work goto apachefriends there you can download php5 mysql and the apachie server all in one program and it easly installs.

Archived