• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Congifurng configure.php

jpweber

Hi. I'm with a major ISP (Buzix), so they run Windows servers, and all the latest PHP and stuff like that over there. I never touch a server. I'm html-knowledgable and that's it. So I'm trying .... so please don't laugh if the question is somewhat of a dumb one.

There are 2 configure,php files in OSC, one under cataglog/installs, and the other under catalot/admin/installs. Should my 2 configure.php files be configured to the DB I created?

For instance, in catalog/includes/configure.php, the code looks like this:

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');

Do I have to type in between the ' marks what my DB SERVER is? What my DB SERVER USERNAME actually is? What my DB SERVER PASSWORD actually is, and what my DB DATABASE actually is -- then save it, and and then upload it to the proper directories on the server? So before I upload these to the server and attempt to install OSC, I have to put in the correct values between the ' marks first, like this?

define('DB_SERVER', '84.26.49.75');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql_34829348444');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'mysecretpassword');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'mystore');

Or should I just upload it as is, without altering it and without writing anything in between the ' marks? Thanks a lot for whoever has the knowledge and would be kind enough tho respond to this,

Jason

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Hi. I'm with a major ISP (Buzix), so they run Windows servers, and all the latest PHP and stuff like that over there. I never touch a server. I'm html-knowledgable and that's it. So I'm trying .... so please don't laugh if the question is somewhat of a dumb one.

There are 2 configure,php files in OSC, one under cataglog/installs, and the other under catalot/admin/installs. Should my 2 configure.php files be configured to the DB I created?

For instance, in catalog/includes/configure.php, the code looks like this:

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');

Do I have to type in between the ' marks what my DB SERVER is? What my DB SERVER USERNAME actually is? What my DB SERVER PASSWORD actually is, and what my DB DATABASE actually is -- then save it, and and then upload it to the proper directories on the server? So before I upload these to the server and attempt to install OSC, I have to put in the correct values between the ' marks first, like this?

define('DB_SERVER', '84.26.49.75');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql_34829348444');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'mysecretpassword');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'mystore');

Or should I just upload it as is, without altering it and without writing anything in between the ' marks? Thanks a lot for whoever has the knowledge and would be kind enough tho respond to this,

Jason

Hi Jason,

When osC is installed directly on the server, it assigns values to the DBSERVER, DB_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_SERVER_PASSWORD and DB_DATABASE.

Hi Ashwin. Thank you very much for responding. If I could elaborate, perhaps that could help.

I downloaded OSC from the website, unzipped it, and installed it myself. I went into my C Panel and created my own database called store. I then added a user -- jasonweber, and gave myself a password, mypassword.

Then, when I chatted with the Buzix tech support representative, he made me go to a part of the C Panel where he installed OSC, and this automatically created another database, called mysql25bac64 (used by Site Application). When I click this newly-created database in my C Panel, it says name: usr274bdbh9a54 (used by Site Application). Again, there, I created the user jasonweber, and gave myself a password, mypassword.

So it appears that I have 2 databases now. I have store, that I created, and either mysql25bac64 (used by Site Application) or name: usr274bdbh9a54 -- whatever it's called!

The tech support guy said my database server was 72.54.75.33 (I changed these numbers around).

My Dilemma:

I don't know what to put in, when installing OSC, the values for the:

Database Server:

Username:

Password:

Database Name:

Also, now, do I have to reconfigure the 2 configure.php files? I know because I'm using a shared Windows server, that I leave persistent connections unchecked, and session storage is set to database.

Thank you VERY much for any help you can offer, Ashwin, or any help any other with knowledge can offer, and I appreciate any time you could take off to help me with this.

Jason

Jason

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Have you already overwritten the configure.php files, or are the original ones still on the server i.e. the ones created on the server when you installed osCommerce from the cpanel. If the original ones are still there, then all you need to do is upload your database into theirs.

If you have two databases, then you will need to download the any one of the configure.php files to see which of the databases you are using or you could go to the file manager in cPanel and see which database you are using.

Do not overwrite either of the configure files to that of the one that you created on your machine. All you have to do is export your database and then upload it into the database created on the server.

My Dilemma:

I don't know what to put in, when installing OSC, the values for the:

Database Server:

Username:

Password:

Database Name:

As to your dilemma, like i said before, if you have not changed anything in the configure.php files, don't change anything, just upload your database and you should be fine.

Hey thanks Ashwin. That's what messed me up -- the ISP doesn't want me uploading anything from the oscommerce website. They want me to install it entirely from the C Panel. So basically, although I had changed my configure.php files, I'm just deleting everything off the server right now, and I'm going to reinstall it from the C Panel only. I hope that works. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to reply. Everything helps, as I'm learning more and more about PHP. Have a good one,

Jason

Jason

Archived