• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to check for 'Link Farm' in our sites

smithveg

Would i be penalized if a 'link farm' or a 'bad neighborhood' linked to my sites.

The answer is 'NOT' from one of the threads.

Can onyone tell me, how can i check who's a link farm to my sites? how can i know?

Is there a possible to know?

Really appreciated your reply.

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

Yes, you can be penalized but I don't know that there is an exact way to identify one. However, if a page has over 50 links and the links don't have descriptive text associated with them, it could be considered one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you can be penalized but I don't know that there is an exact way to identify one. However, if a page has over 50 links and the links don't have descriptive text associated with them, it could be considered one.

Jack

Ya, i had found a ways to check who's linking to our sites.

You go to google.com then type 'link:www.yoursite.com'

of course, change the 'yoursite' word to your domain name.

Nice :thumbsup:

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

• 3 weeks later...

good tip to use the google link command but it is very unreliable. try using the following on yahoo linkdomain:yoursite.com ( do leave out the www ) and you will find much better results. try both on a domain and see the difference.

It is a good tip but not sure how pratical that would be, i have 2600 links with google and im not sure i would want to cheak every single one.

I sure if you have not signed up for a link farm then you would not be listed in one.

Regards

you use a script to automatically check the back links with your link partners and not the search engines (due to cache). Also Link Farms do not have a banner advertising what they are.

Just to clarify, you cannot be penalised if a "bad neighbourhood" website places a link on their site to yours. It works the other way around.

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Archived