• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

missing home page

flemingsd

:-" Hi,

I just successfully installed osCommerce 2.2. But for some reason, it is not showing any home page for my store.

Here is the url: http://www.empowerfitnessnyc.com/catalog/

At first, this led to a file called index.php but it didn't show my store. Instead, it showed my PhpAdmin.

So I moved the Php database out of the /catalog directory where I had installed it and into a new directory called /phpadmin. I thought that it was somehow "overwriting" the original index.php file for the store home page.

I reinstalled osCommerce again, successfully, but now there is no index.php file at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Stevo

your /catalog/ directory is full of PhpMyAdmin files and a few random OSC ones.

Start again - remove both PhpMyAdmin and OSC (and all files and databases). Install OSC first and get that working. *Then* move onto PhpMA. Your hosting company should have provided you with an interface to access your database(s) though - PhpMyAdmin is the usual choice - are you sure you don't have it already installed??

:-" Hi,

I just successfully installed osCommerce 2.2. But for some reason, it is not showing any home page for my store.

Here is the url: http://www.empowerfitnessnyc.com/catalog/

At first, this led to a file called index.php but it didn't show my store. Instead, it showed my PhpAdmin.

So I moved the Php database out of the /catalog directory where I had installed it and into a new directory called /phpadmin. I thought that it was somehow "overwriting" the original index.php file for the store home page.

I reinstalled osCommerce again, successfully, but now there is no index.php file at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Stevo

Thanks for quick response!

Yes I removed all the old Php databases like you suggested and started over. But it still didn't work.

Then I realized I had to FTp the catalog/index.php file again (I had deleted it at first, thinking this would remove the databases )

It seems to work now. Whew!

Thanks for the tips. This forum is very helpful.

Stevo

Archived