• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

image issues

jacenstuff

Ok, so I config'd the image sizes in admin panel, and that fine and dandy, for some images. but a lot of my product has both portrait and landscape type of shots, and some are jsut wierd sizes. NOw I caa custom size all item images, by shrinking them down and probably having to crop off some of the actual image, but that would look horrendous. How can I have my site use the actual sizes of the images? It'd be awesome to see some of my pics not smushed up or stretched out like a piece of silly putty, I like having those one or two items that actually works with the chosen sizes. but i'm trying to sell all my items not just those two. Any ideas?

I mean actual dimensions of the pics would work great for now, i eventually want to show thumbs of these pics, then pop_up the actual images on the enlarge option...which i'ms till having a problem with because I have no diea how to fix STS templates :(. any advice? anyone?

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

I still haven't resolved this issue, if anyone has any advice. I'd love to hear it.

p.s. BACKUP!

Ahhh i've heard of this contrib....it might do the trick... does it work with STS? Cause I don't know how to remove STS from my store :)

p.s. BACKUP!

Have you tried entering 0 as the image dimensions in Admin > Configuration > Images?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

The best way to get uniform thumbnails is to set either one or the other in size and leave the other blank. Example

Large image size width 250

Large image size height

(backspace and remove any number)

Also, with any osC site, a thumbnail contribution is your best way to go anyways because even though you are only seeing an image of 120x120 as the thumbnail, your server and customers are still required to download the full image size.

hahahaha holy crap that was hilarious. DaemonJ thank you for pointing out the obvious. Man I got some big pictures..... what is the name of the msot reccomended thumbnail contrib? i'd really liek to know now. hehehehehehe.

p.s. BACKUP!

If your server has ImageMagick installed, which is should, then use osC ImageMagick otherwise use Auto Thumbnailer using GD library.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

How can you check to see if ImageMagick is already installed? I'm about to attempt to add it in right now, but now that you said that i'm not sure how to check what mods would already be there.

p.s. BACKUP!

ImageMagick isn't a mod but is an application that is usually available on Linux servers. The easiest thing to do is ask your host's support department as they can tell you if it is installed and what the path to it is.

Archived