• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password

We had to fire our webmaster today after repeated attempts to get changes made to our store config. I know how to log onto shop/admin... but she set a password to get into our Admin page in the beginning and I can't locate where I can change it. She has threatened to cause us problems because we have taken over ourselves and we are worried! I have password protected what I can find in my Cpanel and that is working fine. Help Please! Kathleen

The installation instructions say to password protect the admin area from the hosting panel. Check there again because that is the only way i know that you can password protect the admin area. if that fails, try deleting the .htaccess file for the admin area from your webserver and set your passwords up again from scratch. You would do well to just check that the permissions are set correctly for that directory.

If all else fails then you can threaten litigation (small claims court, etc..) for all that you paid her plus any damages, if she refuses to hand your website entirely to you. If she does cause damage to your site out of spite, i'm not sure but doesn't that amount to "damage to personal property" (i.e. illegal, police involved, etc). I'm sure there is forum somewhere here that deals with legal scenarios. Have a look around.

Nick

Menou and unome

if you can get into Cpanel then you can remove the password protection on the OSC admin folder and then create a new one.

The Cpanel itself will also need protecting. Some hosts allow you reset this yourself but others will require you to put in a request.

Archived