• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

just installed OSCommerce but with errors....

kev269

Hi,

I'm testing my new shop with Xampp and I have got it installed to the point where I can view the front page etc. but when i click on add to basket for a particular item, it says thats cookies should be enabled even thought they are.

It also says the following at the top of the home page: Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

... and when I click on administration tool, it gives the following errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_a9e30ca6cd0321d3e86deee84f7e66bf, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php:67) in C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp\sess_a9e30ca6cd0321d3e86deee84f7e66bf, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I have enabled SSL when I installed it, but i'm not sure if I should although I will be using hosted SSL when I finally get it up and running. Is this what is causing all the errors to appear?

Thanks a lot for your help.

It also says the following at the top of the home page: Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_a9e30ca6cd0321d3e86deee84f7e66bf, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

I don't know about the rest of that but i think you should try creating a tmp folder in your \xampp\ directory and set permissions to 700 for live servers (since its on your localhost it won't really matter so should set it to 777 to make things easier for you)

Try asking Vger about the other things. He/she is a pro when it comes to things like that

Nick

Menou and unome

I don't know about the rest of that but i think you should try creating a tmp folder in your \xampp\ directory and set permissions to 700 for live servers (since its on your localhost it won't really matter so should set it to 777 to make things easier for you)

Try asking Vger about the other things. He/she is a pro when it comes to things like that

Nick

the directory is already created though... thanks

Try using the database instead of file-based sessions (preferred option if you will later be using a shared server - as most do).

in both configure.php files (i.e. /shop/includes/configure.php and /shop/admin/includes/configure.php)

find:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and change it to:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

thanks a lot, it fixed the problem, but now i am getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\Program Files\xampp\xampp\htdocs\shop\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

Thanks again.

Archived