• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Web Hosts HELP!!!

brenridley

I changed hosts and I want to move my site to the new server. It does not have oscommerce installed. Please explain in detail how to do it.

I have uploaded the catalog files from the old site to the new server and used the admin backup feature to download the database.

How do I setup the database connection on the new server?

Thanks,

Bren

I changed hosts and I want to move my site to the new server. It does not have oscommerce installed. Please explain in detail how to do it.

I have uploaded the catalog files from the old site to the new server and used the admin backup feature to download the database.

How do I setup the database connection on the new server?

Thanks,

Bren

If you have a control panel like C-panel on your server you can do it there. If not you will have to get the server to do it for you just tell the the database name username and password you want.

they should give you access to your database through phpmyadmin this is where you can run a sql file to set up your database.

to get a sql file to set up your old database on your new server you will have to get this using phpmyadmin on your old server----connect to your database with phpmyadmin go to export click on sql button and go to the bottom of the page and click save as file then click on go save the file on your computer.

now connect to your database on your new server with phpmyadmin and click on sql open the sql file you created and copy the contents of it and paste it in to the sql box and click on go it should tell you if it was sucsessfull and thats it.

Archived