• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

newbie, this is not so obvious!

my scrap shop G

hello all! I was so thrilled to find this program, and found a host who handled the installation (all I really did was hit "install") and thought, "cool, this is so easy!". But now nothing is so obvious... I am trying to just change the opening text and add my own shop logo, but where to do this? I finally found where I needed to be only to get this:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/myscraps/public_html/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php

ok, so where do I go , that just makes no sense to me, can't find whereever that is...

Really, I just want to get on with selling some product... please help! :)

I ran into the same problem, and It's been several days and several other issues since I've gotten past that, but I think (if I remember correctly) what I had to do is call my hosting company and have them give me read write permissions... I think if you call your hosting company they can get it opened up for you

hello all! I was so thrilled to find this program, and found a host who handled the installation (all I really did was hit "install") and thought, "cool, this is so easy!". But now nothing is so obvious... I am trying to just change the opening text and add my own shop logo, but where to do this? I finally found where I needed to be only to get this:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/myscraps/public_html/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php

ok, so where do I go , that just makes no sense to me, can't find whereever that is...

Really, I just want to get on with selling some product... please help! :)

Permissions on files can be set via ftp programs. You should set them on this file to 755.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived