• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Chemo's Advanced Cache class

I've discovered the advanced cache class!! s55.gif I have successfully cached an array as well as simple text in the form of my graphic header which doesn't ever seem to "load" anymore..it's just "there" all the time! BEAUTIFUL!

I have created a template from my design and a modified BTS in order to cache it (a lot of background graphics). I have php within the template..requires and such. Reading Chemo's install instructions each separate form of data to be cached has a certain identifier as to the content of the cache, i.e. EVAL, RETURN,ARRAY.

Q's?

How can I cache my template in one cache file while still maintaining the if's and requires that are embeded into the design to be cached? I have tried to "skip" the code and append the simple html into one string, but this has thrown off my design. I set up a new page and cached each section of the design separately but that ended with 7 cached files which bumped up my queries and hindered more than it helped. :(

Is there an identifier that uses EVAL and RETURN together? Or is there another way to do this?

Thanks for reading :thumbsup: and for any insight you might offer :blush:

Sheri